7.

I looked at myself in the mirror. It was Sunday today which meant race day.
Everyone was probably already in the garage, I quickly ran outside the hospitality and walked in the garage.

I sat down next to Toto, he smiled as he saw me.
"Did you offer Max another contract?" He looked at me confused. "What? No?" I was relieved but I was still wondering why he was in our hotel.

The race was quite boring. Max overtook Lewis and was leading the entire race. I sighed as I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram.
I still followed Red Bull, which was a mistake because they obviously posted pictures of Max.
I was looking at the picture. Charlotte actually liked it. I thought she was my friend?

@RedBullRacing: Super Max has arrived

@RedBullRacing: Super Max has arrived. Let's do this 🦁💪🏻

Liked by @OliviaF1, @Charlottesine, @pierregasly and 649.879 others.

@OliviaF1: he can do it!!
@DanielRicciardo: his smile when he saw me 🥰
> @Maxverstappen1: sure grandpa
@user1: c'mon redbull!!
@user2: beat Mercedes pls

———————

Max won the race, Lewis ended up in P2 and Daniel finished in third. It was a good race for Red Bull but I was still proud of Lewis.

"Hi Charlotte, how are you?" I walked to her, she was chilling in front of the Ferrari hospitality. "I'm okay, how are you?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Good, are you still close to Max?" She rolled her eyes and sighed. I was confused, why did she react like this. "Yes why?" She actually sounded annoyed. "Because you liked the picture Red Bull posted." Once again she sighed. "What is your problem lately?" I was actually too stunned to speak. Why was she acting like this?
"You're my friend but it's time someone tells you this. Max was right to dump you. Charles told me what you did. You didn't even tell me, you ignored me all winter break and now you're here asking why I liked a picture of Max? Maybe because lately he's a better friend to me than you." I just looked at her. I saw Charles standing outside, waiting for Charlotte. He probably heard everything but he wasn't saying anything. "Stop being so obsessed with him and let him live. After all, you betrayed him." She walked to Charles and walked away with him.
I couldn't move. It was a slap in my face, a slap I desperately needed. She was right. I was being obsessed with him, I wanted to ruin him even more than I already did.

I walked to the Mercedes hospitality while grabbing my phone.

I miss you
I'm sorry for everything
Congrats on your win

Max 🦁🧡 : thanks
Max 🦁🧡 : we need to talk
Max 🦁🧡 : I don't want us to act like this

I sighed when I read his texts. Maybe he wanted to give us another chance. I would drop everything and everyone for him. I was being so selfish lately.

I realized I loved him more than I would ever admit.