67.

Selena's POV

I had a really fun evening with Max yesterday. We had the same type of sarcasm so we really clicked.
He just had a lot of anger in him lately which I understood. It probably wasn't easy for him to see Connor every day.

"You are Christian's niece right?" I was stopped by a British voice. I turned around and smiled. A very fake smile though. "I prefer Selena if you don't mind" George was standing in front of me. I had no issues with him but what he did yesterday was so low. "Can you tell Max I'm sorry for what happened yesterday?" Was a grown man really asking me to tell another man he is sorry? I chucked a little. "Do you have chicken legs or something? You can walk up there and tell him yourself" I pointed at the Red Bull hospitality.
"You know I'm not welcome in there" I really wanted to roll my eyes at him but I redeemed myself. "We honestly don't care, but whatever. Maybe you can ask Toto to send an email"
I turned around and walked to the hospitality.
I actually could hear him laugh but he didn't follow me into the hospitality.

I walked in and immediately I was face to face with Connor. "Where were you last evening? You weren't in your room?" He asked immediately. "I was out with Max"
His face changed. I knew how much he wanted Max to like him even though that would probably never happen. "It wasn't a date, I was just making sure he wouldn't smash your face in" I patted his back laughing as I walked to grab a coffee.

"Did he talk about me?" He followed me and I rolled my eyes. "No, he probably doesn't want to think about the guy who fucked his girlfriend too much" I grabbed my coffee and sat down. He was still following me and sat down with me. "I didn't know Selena, you should've told me" he said and I raised my eyebrow. "You knew we were going out with girlfriend's of the drivers, so you knew she had a boyfriend"
I grabbed my laptop. I actually wanted to get some work done because all this drama with George gave me a lot of extra work. "Not that she was Max's girlfri..." he couldn't finish his sentence because Max walked up to us.

"Hi guys, how are you doing?" He said smiling while grabbing a Red Bull. I swear that man lives on those drinks. "Good, but most importantly how are you feeling?" I looked up at him. He looked much better than yesterday. "Good, I'm ready for this race" he opened his can and took a sip. "Mate, are you coming out for drinks after?" He looked at Connor. I saw the confusion on his face but he quickly nodded. "Awesome, you have to come as well by the way" he looked at me and winked before walking out.

Connor looked at me, I could still see the confusion in his face. "Did he just invite me for drinks?" He asked and I chuckled a little. "Seriously what did you do to him?" I put my hand on his arm and looked at him. "I'm not telling you my secrets"
I laughed as he just rolled his eyes.

Connor had to go to the garage because the race was about to start. I actually wanted to go as well but I quickly looked at an email Max has send me.
I leaned down on my chair. Luckily he only send this email to me, maybe I could still talk some sense into him.
I didn't completely understand it though, I probably didn't even know half of the drama that happened in this paddock. I took a screenshot and closed my laptop.

"Charlotte, do you have a minute?" I said as I saw Charlotte walking to the Ferrari garage. "Yeah quickly because the race already started"
I quickly grabbed my phone and showed her the screenshot of the email. I saw how her eyes were scanning through it and her face also dropped at the last couple of sentences. "Oh God" she just said and gave me my phone back.
"What? Did I miss something?" I looked at her, her face said enough. I really did miss a lot.