12.

Rylee's POV

@F1news: No legal contract for Max Verstappen

@F1news: No legal contract for Max Verstappen. Red Bull protested the decision but Max can't take part in the next race.
He'll be excluded until a final decision is made.

Liked by 129.739 users

@user1: omg 😢
@user2: are they serious??
@user3: i feel bad for him

—————————

I was looking at the picture. I couldn't believe how much they fucked up. I felt so bad for Max, I haven't seen him since last race. He didn't come to the practice session or to the quali.
He couldn't take part in the race so he had no reason to be here.

I was sitting outside the Mercedes hospitality with Toto. He wasn't really saying anything. He quickly looked up when a bunch of reporters ran to the entrance. I think we both knew what was happening. Max was walking inside the paddock. He wasn't wearing his usual team kit so I guess he really was annoyed which I completely understood. He just walked passed everyone, I just wanted to run to him and hug him, but I couldn't.

————————

The race was about to start and obviously they showed Max, who was standing in the Red Bull garage. He looked tired and sad.
I grabbed my phone and quickly texted him.

Come to the Haas hospitality pls
I wanna see you

Max 🦁🧡haha see you in 5

I smiled at my phone, he seemed in a better mood than I was expecting.
I quickly walked out of the Mercedes garage and went to the Haas hospitality. It was our hiding spot.
He wasn't here yet so I was just pacing around.
"You seem nervous" he walked up to me smiling. I just ran up to him and hugged him.
He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to his body.
"How are you feeling?" I looked up at him and he shrugged his shoulders. "Fine, it just sucks, but there is nothing I can do about it now"
He was lying, he was not fine. He was nervous and mad. "So what will happen now?" I looked at him, I couldn't believe he would possibly have to quit racing. "They're protesting it, Christian said he has enough documents to prove they registered it in time." I nodded. It felt nice to talk to him again. I've missed him so much.

We both went back to our garages. Charles won the race, Daniel ended in P2 and Carlos in P3. Lewis didn't have a great race at all.
They showed Charlotte on the tv, she was probably very proud of Charles. I really needed to make up with her because I really missed her.
She was right about everything. I needed to let Max go, he probably moved on because he didn't try to touch me or didn't flirt with me anymore.

I needed to face the truth, he wasn't in love with me anymore.