86.

Rylee's POV

It was my first day back in the paddock after Mercedes released the statement. I convinced myself that I was ready for the questions but honestly I wasn't.
I wish I could stay in my hotelroom forever.

I walked with Max through the paddock. We were being followed by a lot of people. They were asking a lot of questions but I couldn't really understand them as they were all talking over each other.

We quickly walked in the hospitality, we wanted to go to Max's drivers room but I was quickly stopped by Christian. "Rylee, I want to congratulate you for your position at Mercedes next year" I expected a firm handshake but he pulled me into his arms. I guess he was really happy that Toto would leave, but I wasn't gonna make it easy for him next year. I was a Wolff after all.
"Thanks Christian" I said as I took a step back.
Max smiled and grabbed my hand again to pull me upstairs with him but Christian stopped us once again. "You do understand that you're no longer allowed in our hospitality or garage right?" He looked at me. I wanted to ask if he was serious but Max beat me to it.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" He said, maybe a bit too loud because everyone was looking at him.
"It's okay Max, I'll just leave" I said and kissed his cheek softly.
This was my first move as the future team boss, steal Max away from them.

I walked out of the hospitality and walked to my future hospitality. This time around, no one ignored me and everyone greeted me with the biggest smile.
It was obviously all fake, they knew I would be their future boss. They all pretty much ignored me when I was nobody.

I saw George sitting alone at a table so I decided to sit with him.
He wasn't my favorite person around this paddock but I had not many options right now.
"Hi George, how are you?" I said as I sat down with him. He quickly looked up and smiled. "Hi Rylee, I'm alright, how are you?" He put his phone away. "I'm good, trying to hide from every reporter" I chuckled a little and so did he.
I could feel how uncomfortable he was around me,  which made it even funnier for me.
"Yea I heard the news, congratulations" he said smiling. I just nodded.
I knew he must have a lot of questions but he didn't dare to ask any of them.
"What is Max gonna do?" He asked all of a sudden. I was surprised, he actually did dare to ask them. "He is still deciding but I'm sure he will come to Mercedes" I smiled.

I was gonna do everything to make sure he realized he wasn't happy at Red Bull. Christian was actually helping me with that right now.
I knew Max wasn't happy with his decision to kick me out of the hospitality and garage.
He will probably realize that I was never gonna be allowed in their hospitality again and it would be hard for us to be together.

Max 🧡 : you're allowed in the hospitality again
Max 🧡 : just not in the garage
Max 🧡 : I will try to fix that too

Fuck, Christian was smarter than I thought.

"Quali is about to start, are you gonna join us?" Toto walked up to me from behind. I nodded and got up.
I followed him to the garage and sat down next to him. I knew every camera would be on us.
I really wanted to be a team boss that could make difficult decisions and that was necessary if we wanted to be on top again.