23.

It was my first day back in the paddock. Kai was staying with my parents. I was standing with Charlotte in the paddock. Max and Olivia walked passed us, they were holding hands and laughing with each other. They actually seemed really happy.
"She's actually really good with Kai" Charlotte probably noticed how I was looking at them.
I guess I should be happy that she cared about my son, but it still felt weird to have her around him.
"Are they happy with each other?" I wasn't referring to Kai now, I was referring to Max and her.
Charlotte was hesitant to answer. "Yes they are, I think they're really in love with each other"
I sighed, it wasn't easy to hear it but I was happy for him. He deserved to be happy even if it wasn't with me.

"Quali is about to start" Toto put his hand on my shoulder. I nodded at him, I grabbed some headphones and leaned against the wall. "What is this guy doing?" Lewis sounded annoyed. He was on a fast lap and Max was blocking his way.
I heard Toto throwing his headphones. I guess we were all kind of used to that by now.
I put my headphones down and looked up at the tv. "Fuck, was he on a fast lap?" Max asked on his radio and I could hear the frustration in our garage.
I knew he didn't do this on purpose. Unfortunately I was the only one who was convinced by that.

Lewis walked in the garage. He put his helmet down and started talking to Toto. He ended up in P6 because he couldn't finish his fast lap. I was already not looking forward to the interviews.

————————

I was standing next to Lewis in the media pen.
Max didn't arrive yet, he probably had to do the press conference first because he was on pole.
Suddenly Lewis' face changed, Max walked in the media pen, Lewis stopped the interview he was doing and walked to Max. "You really need to grow up man, you're a dad now and you're still doing this shit?" Max looked at the both of us, he still looked pretty calm. "I literally didn't know that you were in a fast lap" Lewis rolled his eyes, he clearly didn't believe him. He turned around and started walking away "Hopefully Kai won't be as stupid as you" he mumbled under his breath but Max heard him because he grabbed his arm. "What did you just say?" Lewis turned around again to face Max. He didn't repeat it, I knew he realized he went way out of line here. "Keep my son's name out of your mouth. I won't be so nice next time" Olivia put her hand on his chest. Gesturing him to calm down. Max started shaking his head and walked away with Olivia. I did the same with Lewis.

"I am sorry Rylee, I shouldn't have said that" Lewis said, I could see the regret in his eyes. "It's okay, I knew you didn't mean it" he shrugged his shoulders. "I actually hope he'll look like you a lot more than like him" I chuckled.
I was actually hoping for the opposite.

I kinda expected this rivalry to come back sooner or later. They acted nice to each other for a while, probably to keep me happy but Lewis went way out of line here. I knew Max wasn't gonna forget about this.