Chapter VII: Engagement Party

CHAPTER VII: ENGAGEMENT PARTY

Sasuke's POV

I want to stay longer with Naruto if only Neji don't keep pestering me about the engagement party we're going to attend together. And here I am now at the party feel so bored.

"Hey, Sasuke what's with that face?"

"Don't start with me, Neji. I am not in the mood."

"Grumpy as usual. Don't worry we'll not stay too long here. I'll just greet Hinata and take a look of her fiance for a little."

"You're so over protective with your cousin."

"She's always my little Princess aside from Akane. So of course I will always protective at her. I maybe not here in country always but I'll definitely send anyone in hell who ever will hurt her."

I rolled my eyes on him. He's always like this when it comes to those important to him so I just keep quiet.

I am enjoying my wine alone in the corner, most of the guests are from a high profile family and I kinda feel not belong in this kind of party. I can't even see Neji around since someone dragged him for some pleasantries with the important guests.

"I'll go home after an hour. With or without Neji." I mumbled as I finished my 2nd glass of wine.

I am in my 4th glass when I heard a commotions from the guests. I can't hear them clearly but I heard something like 'young master', 'heir' and 'Prince'.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Uchiha Sasuke?", a guy in black suits asked me.

"Yes. Why?"

"Sorry for interrupting you but my Master wants to talk to you."

"Master?", I asked with a frown while drinking my wine.

"Yes. Master Hiruzen."

I almost spit my drink when I heard the name of his master.

HIRUZEN? As in Sarutobi Hiruzen?

"Sir?", the bodyguard asked with confusion in my reaction.

"H-He's here?"

"Yes. Him and Young Masters are just came. He saw you alone here and asked me to invited you, he is in the guest room right now waiting for you."

"Young Masters? You mean Naruto?"

"Yes, Young Master Naruto and Young Master Konohamaru. So sir?"

I gulped, I suddenly regret that I drink wine. What if it become a bad impression of me to his grandfather? I tried to look around for Naruto.

"Sir are you okay?"

"Y-yes. Okay lead the way please."

"Here Sir."

I took a deep breath and follow the guy. I don't have a reason to turned down his grandfather's invitation to talk to me. And if I turned him down, I don't think that will help me to be in his good side.

The bodyguard open the room's door for me and leave after. I felt my heart will jump off on my chest from nervous while looking on the old man sitting on the single sofa while drinking a tea.

"Ahm...hello S-Sir. I am Uchiha Sasuke."

He smile a little and gesture to me to sit on the chair in front of him.

A maid serve me a wine and leave after Mr. Hiruzen tell that he wants to talk to me privately.

My throat feel dry from nervousness but I can't dare to drink the wine.