Chapter 36

It was Christmas break and we were finally allowed to leave the school. The trip on the train was dreadfully long as I sat with Hemione and Harry. It was quite between us all, her nose in a book, Harry was sleeping, he hasn't gotten much because of his nights with Snape, and my mind somewhere else. We eventually arrived in the station, Hermione shook Harry awake as we exited the train.

We walked for a bit before arriving at Grimmauld Place, we walked in the door taking our coats and shoes off and heading up to our rooms. As Hermione and I unpacked we heard the sound of footsteps coming to the door. It swung open to reveal Harry. "Where is everyone?" He asked. "I've looked all over." "The Weasley's might still be at St Mungo's Hospital. As for the rest, your guess is as good as mine." I told him.

"We should make dinner, I'm sure Molly would like a break." Hermione said. "That's wonderful!" I smiled. "If you guys don't mind I'm gonna take a nap well it's still quiet" Harry said rubbing the back of his neck. Hermione nodded. "We'll wake you when it's ready." I said. He smiled and nodded before heading to his room.

~time skip~

Hermione had found an old muggle radio. And we were able to get a channel that played Christmas songs and wasn't too glitchy. It wasn't too loud to wake Harry but wasn't too quiet that we weren't able to hear and sing. "Last Christmas" was playing well and we danced and sang.

"Tell me baby, do you recognize me?" I sang. "Well, it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me" Hermione sang. As we danced we didn't even hear the door open and a bunch of red heads coming in. The song was finishing up as I pulled out the 3rd pie I made. I sang the last part in my own world. It wasn't until I heard clapping from behind me that snapped me out.

I turned around to see all of the 4 youngest Weasley children. “Hey.” Ron said awkwardly to Hermione. “Hi,” She said. “Where is your mother?” I asked. “She’s been staying at the hospital until dad recovers.” Ginny walked over to get a piece of pie. “Alright, if one of you wants to go get Harry we can have dinner.” Hermoine said. Ron nodded and made his way upstairs as the rest of us set the table.

We all sat at the table talking and laughing, trying to lighten the mood with jokes and laughter. Eventually we got into dessert and thankfully were able to save a few pieces of each pie for when the adults came back. Molly and Aurthor at the hospital, Dad and Remus were up north, Tonks and Mad-eye were God knows where. The christmas music was low and I sang along to it in my head while listening to Harry telling stories from his first year with Ron and Hermione.

After he finished recounting their first Halloween at Hogwarts we all laughed. As we all grew quieter the music seemed to stop. “What's up? Where did the music go?” Ginny asked. I stood up and walked over to the radio. I moved the entaina but nothing, it was still on but wasn't playing anything.

“Weird.” George commented. “Maybe it's a sign that music is done, it was getting a little repetitive.” Ron said stretching. Ginny gasphed. “How could you say that?!” We all laughed and put our plates in the sink. We all sat around the table well into the late night and early morning. Eventually though we headed to bed and enjoyed our christmas break.

It's been a few days since then and today was Christmas eve. Molly was finally able to bring Aurther home. And even though all of the other adults were gone, the kids made it feel like a real family. We had finished up dinner and were now doing a gift exchange. Molly was handing out the stuff she knit, nicely wrapped of course. Ron had a big box, most likely because of him becoming prefect.

“Here Y/n dear, this one's for you. Oh! And Hermione and Harry these are for you!” Mrs. Weasley said. She handed each of us our respective presents. Of course after opening our presents, a knitted sweater with our first initial on it, we got ready to have dessert. But not before a toast.