Chapter 39

On thestral back we flew over London and were able to get into the ministry late at night. No one was there as we followed Harry, running past the statue of Fudge. We took the elevator down to the Department of Mysteries. “This is it.” Harry said.

“Where was he?” I asked. “This way.” Harry said as we walked cautiously to where Suirus was. We walked into a dark room, with rows and rows of prophecy.  Harry counted the rows. Then stopped in his track. He looked around, “He should be here.” Harry told us.

“Harry.” Neville said, “It's got your name on it.” Neville continued, talking about a prophecy. Harry reached out and took it. He stared at the prophecy. “Is it talking to him?” Ron asked. “Yes, it's his prophecy, only he can hear it.” I told Ron. “Harry!” Hermonie called him out of his trance. I turned to see a person in a mask walking towards us.

It was one of Voldemort’s death eaters. This was a trap. “Where’s Sirius?” Harry asked, pointing his wand at the figure. “You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality.” The man said, taking off his mask. It was Lucius Malfoy. “You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see.” He said tauntingly.

“Now, hand us the prophecy.” He demanded. “If you do anything to us, I'll break it.” Harry threatened. The sinister laugh of a woman was heard from behind Lucius. “He knows how to play. Itsy-bitsy baby Potter.” She said walking forward. Neville came forward as well. “Bellatrix Lestrange.” He said.

“Neville Longbottom, is it? How’s mum and dad?” She asked coily. “Better, Now they’re about to be avenged.” Neville said, lunging at her, only to be held back by me and Harry. “Now, let’s everybody just calm down. Shall we?” Lucius said, defusing the situation. “All we want is that prophecy.” He continued.

“Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?” Harry asked. “You dare speak his name? You filthy half-blood!” Bellatrix yelled. “It's alright. He’s just a curious lad. Aren't you?”Lucius said, calming her down. “Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made.” Lucius explained. “Y/n.” Neville said, he was looking around us, I could see we were starting to be surrounded by death eaters.

We all took fighting stances, as they all approached us. Lucius was still talking to Harry. “I've waited 14 years.” Harry said. “Get ready.” I whispered to the group. “I guess I can wait a little longer. Now!” On Harry’s command, we all shot our spell. “Stupefy!” And then made a run to get out.

We ended up splitting up, fighting the death eaters that were chasing us. We all ran into each other. “Reducto!” Ginny yelled, sending a death eater flying backwards. From the energy of the explosion all of the prophecies came crashing down. “Run!” I yelled, and we all started running to the exit.

The prophecies were catching up to us, and we saw the door. The door opened for us and we all ran out, then started to fall. Stopping fast before hitting the ground. I stood up and helped Luna up.

“The voices.” Harry said, walking to the archway in the middle. “What voices Harry? There aren't any voices.” Hermione dismissed. “I hear them too.” Luna said, walking closer to him. I looked at the archway in the middle of the room. “It's just an empty archway, mate.” Ron said.

“Harry, it won't take long for them to get here. We need to go.” I told him. Harry looked up, then pointed his wand upwards. “Get behind me!” He ordered. We all did so, wands pointed at whatever he saw. The death eaters came in, ambushing us so we couldn't see. They took our wands, and when it all cleared, I was being held at wandpoint by a member.

Lucius walked up to Harry, who was the only one of us still armed and not being held hostage. “Did you actually believe or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?” He asked. “I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die.” He said, giving Harry the choice.