|Ten: The Tell|

"Remind me exactly now, who this girl is again?" Scott asked as Beatrice was crouched silently next to him and Tye, on the uneven roof of the video store. Derek was on Scott's other side and Beatrice sighed.

"It is the exact same scent-trail as the alpha, the scent is the same from when we attacked it." Beatrice confirmed as Tye nodded, when Derek looked over at the two of them for confirmation.

"Beatrice Hale, meet Scott McCall." It was a quick introduction and one that was only slightly needed and Beatrice looked down at the body.

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked of Scott, who just looked confused at his words.

"I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean this isn't some sort of standard practice, right? We don't go out around in the middle of the night and then just start all of this murdering people, do we?" It was a fair question as Beatrice shook her head.

"No."

"No."

"No."

Each of the Hales said the same thing and Tye looked to Derek, as he always did if not very often did, for big decisions, advice and explanations.

"No. We're predators, but we don't have to be killers." Derek murmured and Tye glanced at Beatrice, who was watching the scene below in silence.

"Come on, Bea, I'll give you a ride back." Tye said as they got off of the rooftop and Derek shook his head.

"We only have my car tonight remember? Beatrice, get in, you need to hear what we're talking about as well." Derek's words might as well have been the law at the moment, as Beatrice got into the backseat along with Scott, while Derek drove and Tye was in the passenger side.

"You know, I have a life..."

"No you don't." Derek interrupted Scott's words and Tye sighed, having a good feeling that he knew, where this was headed.

"Yes I do! I-I don't care what you're saying about him making me one of his pets--"

"A part of his pack." Derek corrected with an irritated look on his face and Scott rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, Derek. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent-teacher conference at the school tomorrow, because I'm failing chemistry." Scott ranted.

"I can tutor you." Beatrice offered as the unmistakable growl from Derek it was indicating, that her words were not at all helping.

"You want do homework? Or do you wanna, not die?" Derek asked as Scott rolled his eyes at Derek's words.

"You have less than a week until the full moon, Scott, or else he'll kill you if you won't kill with him. It's a rite of passage, he will kill you, if you don't or if you refuse to do so." Tye said and Scott glared at him.

"Okay, seriously?! Who made up these rules?!" Scott demanded and Beatrice smacked him hard over the head and Scott yelled in pain. "Ow!"

"Quit being such a baby and listen to us, if you want to live past next week in any condition at all!" Beatrice shot back and Scott quieted down, as her eyes flashed right before they were returning to their familiar brown.

Beatrice got a ride from Tye on his motorcycle back to the building that she was staying in with the rest of the high school aged members of Satomi's pack.

The next day, Tye and Derek were back at the House while the teenagers were at school. Derek was working out and Tye was sketching, until he looked up. "Der." He said and Derek growled a little, and they both were hiding against opposite walls, as they waited to see who it was.

"Too bad your sister bit it before she had her first litter." Tye looked at Derek, and, his fangs were already bared and so were Derek's, and their home was being invaded by hunters.

"It's too bad she howled like a bitch, when we cut her in half!" The brothers roared in unison and the first hunter went flying easily, as he was out from being thrown against the wall.

Both Tye and Derek were stunned at the sight of Kate Argent of all people, standing in their living room and Tye roared loudly. He took out the other hunter and Derek leapt for Kate, but got hit with the cattle prod. Tye leapt from the other side but he went down hard and he growled in a fury.

Kate was caught off-guard by someone slamming into her from behind and she tumbled onto the floor, rolling back up onto her feet and another growl tore through the room.

Beatrice stood in the middle of the doorway and her claws were out on each hand, as she looked directly at Kate Argent with a murderous growl and fangs bared. "Ah, ha ha. The little wolf returns, I wondered whether you would show up. You are Peter's little whelp, right?" Kate Argent said with a snide smirk and at the words, Beatrice growled and she was blocking the door.

"Leave my cousins alone." Beatrice snarled and lunged for Kate, but she shot back just in time to avoid the cattle prod, as she grabbed a piece of wood from the floor and she swung it at Kate.

Kate laughed at the sight of it and Beatrice looked at Tye, who was able to move better already, but Derek was more affected and was just starting to move properly again.

"You are putting up, much more... of a fight then these two did." Derek shouted in pain and Kate electrocuted him again, before Beatrice managed to hit her with the wood and the prod went flying out of her hand. "We did not kill your sister. We cut her in half... unless you don't know who he is either."

Kate pulled out the gun that she was hanging around her body, but by the time she was firing, Beatrice had grabbed Tye and they were running out of the house.

All three of the Hales who were standing in the woods, they looked at one another and Beatrice took a quiet breath in and out. "If the hunters are as confused about the Alpha's identity as we are..." She said softly.

"Then we have to find it first." Tye murmured and Derek nodded slightly at the words. "We have to now, we are running against the clock... even more than we were before." He said softly as they all nodded.