24. What's going on here?

NANDINI'S POV

When I opened my eyes, I was lying on the bed . My parents, siblings, friends and Manik all were beside me...

I- How are you feeling??

N-(ruffling my hair) What happened?

Ab- You fainted princess . Thank God Manik went there at that moment to drink water. Are you OK now?

N- Yeah..

M- The doctor is coming..

As soon as the doctor came they all left me alone with the doctor.

After checking my blood pressure and pulse.
She asked

D- Did you have nausea too??

N- Umm ya. I haven't feeling well from few days.And having really weird cravings..

D- Are you late??

Umm what the f*ck?

My heartbeat increased. No no no it can't be what I am thinking.. I have irregular periods so I actually didn't payed attention to it.

N- Doctor you know na I am a doctor myself I don't think it is what are you trying to say..

D-(smiling) Hearing you I am sure you are late isn't it? And my dear we are humans and humans makes mistakes or we can say in your case you purposely avoided being afraid isn't it?

N- I..

She gave me a smile and went to bring something from her bag. She took it out and it was a PREGNANCY TEST.

D- Do it my dear..

I grabbed the test with trembling hands and started the test gulping nervously.

The five minutes here seems like five centuries. And finally it was done.

N- Oh my Goodness..

I exclaimed looking at the two lines on the stick. I collapsed on the floor tears running down my face. My hands instantly went on my flat belly where a life was growing f*ck I was pregnant with mine and Manik's baby..

But then I remembered the situation we are in first of all we both are unmarried and having a child out of wedlock is a huge problem in our country. Moreover no one knows about our relationship. Will Manik accept the baby . Will he ask me to abort it no no no. I can't do it to our child no no...

I got up wiping the tears of my face and handed the test to the doctor..

D-(with a bright smile) Congratulations..

The doctor was continuously saying something but I couldn't listen my mind was on the consequences that can happen if everyone knows about this...

As the doctor was about to leave..

N- umm can you can you not tell my family about my pregnancy. Um I want to tell them myself..

She nodded smiling and went out. As soon as the doctor went out everyone entered bombarding me with multiple questions..

N- Will you all shut up ?? The doctor said it is not anything serious just for change in temperature. And yes i am OK..