Chapter 10

Chapter 10

-Farley-

"What's our plans for the weekend?" Rowan asked as he threw a ball up in the air and caught it. We had just finished our classes on a Friday night. Iris was cooking downstairs, her humming and singing filling the entire house, along with the smell of pastry and beef.

"You mean what are my plans?" I filled in a bottle label in my colouring book with a red pencil. I had a stack of colouring books beside my bed, in order of spine colour to make it more aesthetically pleasing. "I do not know your plans."

"You're leaving me alone?" Rowan groaned and turned to look at me. "We've hardly seen each other this week."

I chuckled. "Rowan, I highly doubt a week away from me would kill you." I coloured in a sweet jar in blue. "We share a room; we see each other every day."

"But you've been spending less time here," he pointed out. "I feel like I've hardly seen you" It was at times like these, I felt sorry for whoever becomes Rowan's partner in the future. Maye that's what he needs, something more than the four of us as company.

"Why don't you go out? Go to the park or something." The bench was coloured brown, with some red here and there. "Meet people."

"Like you're so social?" He scoffed and paused his ball throwing. "Why don't we go out together? See if we bump into anyone."

I bit my lip, or rather my tongue which I hadn't noticed was sticking out. "I've got plans."

Rowan nearly fell off his bed with the laughter which boomed from his chest. "You? Plans? You haven't had plans since I came here." I paused my colouring and gave him a stern stare. "Got a date? Who am I kidding? Of course, you don't have a date. Why don't we cut those curls off? Maybe then you'll get more plans."

I rolled my eyes at him before turning back to my colouring book. Rowan and I both had extremely curly hair, I would argue his hair was curlier than mine. Clementine once dared me to straighten it, it looked absolutely horrific. It covered my eyes and ears, it honestly looked like I hadn't cut my hair in years, which was accurate. The others didn't seem to share my opinion of the look. Rowan mutters to himself at least three times a week about cutting and dying his hair, but he never ends up going through with it.

"Don't ignore me," Rowan whined. The background would've been coloured purple, had Rowan not thrown a pillow at my pencil, causing the pigment to move outside of the line. I sent him a glare and turned my pencil around to rub out the line. "We used to hang out loads."

"Maybe I have had my fill of Rowan?" I teased him. A knock sounded on our door frame. Iris strolled in and crossed her arms.

"Think you've got some inhuman resistance to Rowaness," Iris continued my teasing. "Now come and infect the rest of us, tea's ready."

Rowan couldn't get out of the door quick enough, he left Iris blinking in surprise. "He's bored," I told her. I put my book on the pile and put my pencil case on top.

"I can tell, I could hear him from downstairs." I shook my head and followed her to the kitchen. Her plate was already waiting for her, chef gets first dibs.

When I told Rowan I had plans, I wasn't completely lying. My plans were to scope out the woods and see what the territory was like. If I bumped into Pax, then that would be a bonus. Ultimately, I was just a person wandering around the woods. I didn't have any bad intentions towards any other potential pack which may be living there. I just wanted to learn more; curiosity wasn't one of my most admirable traits.