Chapter 24

Chapter 24

-Farley-

The situation was tense. I agreed that we should probably go to other packs for help, Caspian didn't really say no to the idea. I couldn't voice any of my thoughts properly during the meeting after my parents left. I was too distracted. Pax had been injured simply by hearing a dog whistle. He looked so fragile and delicate with the crimson covering his hands. I didn't want to see the look of pain on his face ever again.

Those thoughts confused me. He was attractive, but he had caused an exceptionally long internal battle, about a month-long battle to be exact. I didn't shy away from my attraction to boys, but I had never told anyone. Those who know, have guessed over the years. I had a large gay crisis when I was thirteen, my friend from school was the only one there for me, but I got through it.

The thought of Axel gave me a pang of guilt in the bottom of my stomach. I hadn't seen him in a few years, we had talked online occasionally, for Christmas and birthdays.

"Oi, dolly daydream," Rowan exclaimed and splashed some of the water from the sink in my face. "I'm talking to you."

I chuckled and shook my head, getting the droplets out of my hair. "Sorry, no need to get all splashy." I flicked some water at him. We were partnering up to do his chores, since it was nearing the end of the month. "What were you saying?"

"Well, I was asking what was up with you, but I think I got my answer." Rowan turned around with a plate in his hand, taking the tea towel off his shoulder and drying it. "Would you like to un-Pax some emotions?"

I pulled my lips down and pretended to think. "Not really," I answered. I put the bowl in my hands onto the draining board. "Nothing much to say."

"Do your parents know?" he asked. I knew what he meant, but I ignored him. "You're being rude again."

"I know," I replied and picked some knives out of the sink. "You're invading."

Rowan sighed and picked up a bowl, getting water all over the floor. "Just trying to be helpful, you always try to do things on your own. What if Iris and I hadn't followed you?"

I don't think that the outcome would've changed if they hadn't followed me. Kian would still be hot on his heels, and I would've at least tried to convince him to come back with me.

"He'd be even more scared," I told him. "Poor bean, he's been through a lot."

Rowan spluttered at me. "Okay, I don't think I've ever heard you call someone a bean, other than Iris."

I sent him a glare, took the towel from his hand and slapped him with it. "That was between us, what if she's listening?"

Rowan faked a hurt expression. "If that's the case, then Pax probably is too."

I waited before replying. "It wouldn't mean anything to you, I'd have two angry people on my tail."

Rowan shook his head at me and started to put the knives away. I unplugged the sink and washed my hands. I didn't like doing the dishes very much. Pax had offered to help, but we persuaded him to wait until he was comfortable, and no longer suffering due to his ears. Clementine and Iris were sitting with him in the living room. The occasional laugh flowed through the walls. I wasn't nosy enough to know what they were talking about, but they seemed happy.

"We're done," Rowan said and poked my cheek.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders, shoving him lightly. "I know we are, dork." I picked up his tea towel and hung it on the radiator. "Did you finish your schoolwork?"