Chapter 55

Chapter 55

-Pax-

That was one of the most stressful things that I had ever done. I had fought my pack before, Cedar and Rosary, but I wasn't expecting to have to protect a human at the same time. When I was younger, I didn't even know that there were humans, I thought that we were all just the same. Human just referred to the point in time where we were in our human forms.

Cedar had already scratched down my face, and Rosary kept trying to get around me in order to get to Kelsey. I didn't quite know what they would achieve by doing so, but I tried my hardest to block her. We hadn't gone far into the trees by the park, just around fifty feet. I didn't like how unfamiliar the surroundings were, but I tried my best to not run into any trees.

"On your left, Pax!" Kelsey shouted from behind me as another wolf joined the fight. I didn't know who they were, but I knew what their teeth felt like in my side. The very thought alone made me shiver and fight more. I removed my attention from Cedar and nipped at the new wolf's neck, which caused them to jolt backwards. More growls started to emit from our surroundings. I didn't know if that was a good sign or a bad sign, but I could only focus on the three attackers for now.

Kelsey's footsteps became clear as Rosary lunged again. "I'm in a tree," Kelsey yelled down at me. I thanked my lucky stars that she was smart, I hadn't thought of that. Wolves couldn't climb trees, no matter if they were werewolves or not. It would be an extremely hilarious sight though.

I blocked Rosary from moving behind me, throwing her somewhere to the right. I heard a collision, so I hoped that meant she was out of the fight for good. The growls became louder and the fur on the back of my neck stood on end., I dived out of the way as someone pounced from behind.

I was outnumbered, that was abundantly clear. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I had a wound in my side and a scratch on my face, I had to keep that in mind or else I'd do more harm than good.

Someone came from my left and another came from my right. I was trapped in a circle of enemies. I narrowly avoided their jaws, but then another came too quickly for me, I fell onto my back, someone above me keeping my shoulders and limbs down. I tried to bite them, but all I got was the cold air.

Pressure was placed on my neck, and I started to feel my pulse throughout my body. My heartbeat pounded in my head and the pain made me shudder. Then my blackness, that I knew all too well, was all I could focus on.

I couldn't remember how long had passed. I was used to not having a good sense of time, but that was whilst I was conscious, being unconscious is a different feeling altogether. I couldn't really tell exactly when I woke up either, but my head and side hurt, again.

"We really should stop doing this, it's getting embarrassing." A voice which I knew all-too-well teased. "Pax, when will you learn not to go off by yourself?"

I snorted. I couldn't move, even if I wanted to. My arms were forced to stay by my sides and my legs were tied together.

"Wolf got your tongue?" she asked. "Come on, it's no fun if you don't talk back."

I still didn't say anything. I didn't want to give her any satisfaction, and I couldn't give her any information. I didn't really have anything to give her.

She sighed. "Fine, have it your way."

A loud clanging echoed through the room I was in, making me assume that the room was probably empty save for the chair I was sitting in. Said chair had various splinters which were sticking into my back. I was glad to have some shorts on, but I was concerned about who dressed me.