Chapter 19

Chapter 19

-Pax-

I slipped off Farley's bed and followed him to Caspian's office, or his room. I still couldn't quite get my head around the fact that they were the same space. I had learnt so much today, about werewolves and society. Everything here was incredibly different to living in Kian's house.

Farley's grip around my hand tightened. I could hear voices, one voice was Caspian's, but I couldn't tell who the other's were. The other voices sounded very strange to me; they were tainted in some way. I hadn't heard a voice like it, and it was making me uncomfortable.

"He's talking to my parents," Farley informed me. "I don't know why though."

My mouth dropped open at the information. The ones with tainted voices were Farley's parents? Surely not. Farley's voice wasn't strange in any way; it was lighter then the majority of the males I had met, it was light-hearted. "Why do they sound like that?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Like what?" We were waiting outside of Caspian's door. "They don't sound any different to me."

I raised my free hand and rolled my wrist. "It's hard to explain, but it sounds strange." I couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt. This is apparently how Farley's parents usually sounded, it's probably perfectly normal, I might've just insulted them.

"I can hear them outside the door," Caspian said from inside his room. "Your son is very nosy."

"I am not," Farley announced as he entered the room. "We're discussing something before coming inside, thank you."

I was dragged after him by my hand. He had to pull quite hard, my body was telling me to run away from the room which belonged to the alpha of another pack.

"Hello, Honey." I couldn't tell where the voice was coming from. I knew that it was in front of me, maybe to the left. But it sounded so strange. The voice broke once or twice, pausing at strange times. "How are you?"

"Not bad, Mom. How are you both?" Farley said from in front of me. He walked forward, pulling me with him.

"Alright, we just got home from the movies." So, this was Farley's mother. I would've been more worried about meeting this new person for the first time, but two things were stopping me. The fact that I had met several new people today, and the fact she said she was at home. I was sure she didn't live in this building; I had seen all the rooms. How could she be home, yet be here?

"It was utter rubbish," a male voice interjected. "Waste of eight pound." I'm assuming that this is Farley's father. He didn't sound too angry about the loss of money, rather he seemed in a good mood.

"Ignore him, he's just salty his popcorn wasn't," Farley's mother said. I didn't understand her words, but Farley and Caspian laughed. "Is this Pax?"

How did she know my name? Did Caspian or Farley tell her? My breathing became noticeable and quickened. I found myself stepping backwards. Farley's hand got tighter once again.

"It is," Farley replied and brought me forward. "Say hello, Pax. These are my parents, Lana and Brin."

I didn't know where to turn, I was getting overwhelmed. "Hello." I waved with my free hand, still trying to hide behind Farley.

"Awe, he looks so sweet," Lana gushed. "He looks so much like his parents."

I didn't like how she was talking to me like I wasn't there, but I didn't want to say anything. I wanted to run away and think about every mistake I had ever made until I cried myself to sleep.