Chapter 32

Chapter 32

-Farley-

My head was banging, and my nose stung. I didn't know where I was but there were tight binds around my wrists, legs, and torso. My shoulders ached and my neck was screaming with discomfort.

A groan escaped from my lips before I was able to open my eyes. I was lying on something solid and cold. There was something dropping on me that I wanted to get away from. I didn't know what it was, it smelt like water but it was annoying me. I shuffled into a sitting position and opened my eyes.

There was nothing but black. I looked left and right, but there wasn't a hint of light. As I moved, I could hear my shoes scraping across the cement which was under me. The noise echoed, giving me a sense of how big my surroundings was.

The drips now landed on the floor, causing more noise to echo. I hurried to examine the binds on my ankles and hissed as my hands came into contact with it. My fingers were stung by something but I didn't focus on that. I focused on untying the knots that had been clumsily tied. I probably could've yanked them apart any other day. I felt weak, like I hadn't had anything to eat all day and had been working too hard.

I hissed every time my fingers made contact with the rope on my ankles, which also agitated the rope on my wrists. I didn't know who brought me here, the last I remember was being in Mary's garden.

My ankles were able to separate after an unspecified, but long, amount of time. I tried to stand up but was yanked back, I had forgotten about the rope around my waist. I sucked in a deep breath and coughed. The scent which I first noticed when I woke up became stronger. It made my nose sting and forced my mouth to open in order to get enough oxygen.

"You're awake," a female voice said from the right. "I thought you'd be out for longer, but not bad for my first." The voice sounded familiar, it was the same person who was in Mary's garden. This person was the one to drug me and kidnap me. Was I drugged? Surely it was classed as drugged.

I couldn't get any words out of my mouth, my throat felt like sandpaper with every attempt. My hands were met by others which I scratched out of reflex.

"Not very friendly," the voice teased. "And yet you're friends with Pax. I thought he'd be able to teach some kindness." Her words were sarcastic and full of poison. I didn't like how she said Pax's name. I didn't like how she teased me, but I really had no reason to like this woman who kidnapped me.

I shook my head to remove those thoughts, of course I have many reasons to despise this woman.

"I know exactly where Pax is, don't you think it's about time to be cooperative?" She re-tied the rope on my ankles, pulling so tight she grunted. It wasn't that tight, so it made me wonder how old this woman was. She could also have been grunting from the pain the ropes seem to cause. "Why did I decide to use this?" she muttered.

I had no choice but to remain silent. I waited for her to tell me something, to tease me more, or to cause more pain. Instead, she put a light on. It did hardly anything to show me where we were, save for light up a few graphite spots close by.

The woman had brown hair and brown eyes. She looked familiar, but I couldn't see the majority of her features as they were obscured by a green scarf.

"I'd rather not accidentally cut an artery here," she said out of the blue. She didn't have a knife in either of her hands, one of which was holding a lantern. She might have expected me to recognise her. She might have intended me to, but I couldn't focus right now.