Chapter 25

Chapter 25

-Pax-

It was like all my worries had been wiped away with the sound of the music. That evening went by faster then Rowan could set a house on fire, and he got pretty close. Luckily, it wasn't when he was cooking. Iris was the one doing the majority of the meals. I had wondered how Iris could cook so well and Rowan couldn't, but I saved the question for another time. I was actually allowed to help with the dishes, something Clementine scolded Farley for.

By the time it had came for us to sleep, I had completely forgotten that Farley and I were supposed to be sharing a bed. I didn't see any issues with it, so I was confused when Farley pulled me to the side.

"Usually, I would suggest me sleeping at one end and you the other, but I don't want to accidentally kick you." Long pauses split up the sentence. His foot scraped against the carpet, making a very strange noise.

"I'm not a fan of being kicked either," I joked. "I don't mind, whatever you're comfortable with." I felt like I was missing something, a thing which I'm not sure I'll ever find.

"Okay," he replied. He sounded breathless. "We'll just see how it goes."

I didn't know how it could go badly, other than just not being able to sleep. The worst thing I could imagine would be him not being able to sleep and needing to crawl on top of me. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable in his own bed.

After a shower left me smelling of mint, I let some of Farley's clothes hang on me. I shuffled into his bedroom, only to be greeted with snoring.

"Hey," Farley whispered. "Rowan's asleep."

I nodded. "I can tell," I whispered back. "He's loud." I found my way to his bed and sat on the side. I had been given my own cushion, letting me assume that was how much space I had been allocated for the evening. "How do you manage to sleep?"

Farley must've been laying with his back against the wall, his minty fresh breath hit my face, letting me know he was facing me. "I got used to it, I suppose." The only sound in the room became Rowan's snores.

"Are you awake?" Farley whispered. I hummed in response. "I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for what happened."

I hadn't realised that my eyes were still open, but they darted to Farley uselessly. "There's no reason for that, you didn't do anything wrong."

Cool air hit my face before he spoke. "Well, I guess it could be an expression. But I am sorry that you had to go through that for years."

I didn't want to think about it, I could go very deep into my own thoughts when I was able to. "It's okay, I'm here now."

"Yeah," Farley replied before yawning. That was the last words that I heard from him that night.

It wasn't an easy night for me. I struggled to get to sleep with Farley's movements, but I got used to it eventually. It was still an annoying amount of time spent trying to get to sleep. Rowan's snores were at least consistent; they weren't much of an issue.

I was disturbed before the sun could make its way into the room. Farley was moving on the other side of the bed, trying to creep around me. I turned my head to look at him. He stopped moving.

"Sorry," he whispered. "I've got work today." He had told me about his work before, working in a gym where people do things to keep fit.

I moved to the side of the bed so that he could get past me with more ease. The dipping of the bed made me feel a little nauseous. We didn't make another word as we each got ready for the day. I next met Farley in the living room, where he handed me a bowl.