Chapter 27

Chapter 27

-Pax-

I went to the gym with Farley the next day since he had work. It was a lot less nerve-wrecking then it had been the first day. I only had mild issues when it came to anxiety. I wasn't sure if Farley had noticed that I had such anxieties on the first day. I hadn't needed to hide them before, but they could've just been passed as being overwhelmed with the new world I had been introduced to.

According to Farley, I'm pretty strong. It was surprising since I had never done anything to work on my strength, maybe it was something that Kian did with the rest of the pack. I had also been told that my speed was one of my greatest skills, but I already knew that.

It was the evening of the studying day when we were all sat in the living room, eating something which tasted like strange potatoes and meat. I couldn't put my finger on what the ingredients were, other than the carrots and peas that Farley had to help me gather. Peas were one of the most inconvenient foods to eat, but they were very tasty.

"You missed one," Iris huffed as she pointed to a pea on the floor.

"How do you know that I missed one?" Rowan retaliated. "Maybe Farley missed one the other day when he rudely woke me up."

Clementine snorted. "Give your sister some credit Rowan. She can tell the difference between a frozen pea and a cooked one."

"But it's been there a while. It might not be frozen anymore."

The chatter was drowned out by a sharp knock on the door. The room fell into a still silence. There was still a bit of sun coming in through the window, so it wasn't dark out yet.

"Stay here," Caspian said and his footsteps faded further away from me.

I found myself shuffling closer to Farley. He had been a source of comfort for me over the past week or so. He was a little bit of home, the good piece. His very presence reminded me of the smell the forest created, the fresh and deep tones of trees and dirt. He reminded me of the cool water which fell from the waterfall, which splashed my feet when I hung my legs over the bridge.

Not a sound came out of the room we were in. The keys to the front door chimed with the jostling of unlocking the door.

"Ralph?" Caspian asked as though his breath had been taken away from him. "Aiden? That was quick."

"Our apologies for the sudden visit," a deep voice said. "It's just the two of us, we were in town and got your email a bit late. So we came to see if there's any way we can help at the moment."

"That's fine, that's great." Cool air met my face, the living room door had been opened. "Everyone, this is Ralph and Aiden. They're from the Quartvear pack."

My mouth grew dry at the thought of meeting more werewolves, who probably knew the meaning of being a black wolf. I had heard of the two gentlemen from both Farley and Kian; both tales varied significantly. Kian told the tale of two men who were completely out of their depth and relied on everyone else to fight their battles for them. Farley's take on the two was kinder; they stood up for their relationship and the rights of werewolves all over the country.

"Pleasure to meet you all," a different voice spoke, one which was less deep and more energetic. The later voice must be Aiden, whilst the former must be Ralph. I found the tale of Aiden and Ralph to be very fascinating, it's not often one hears about a human and a werewolf being together. However, I had only heard the tale once or twice in my lifetime.

"This is Rowan, Iris, Clementine, Farley, and I think you may be able to recognise Pax," Caspian introduced.

I wanted to wave, or smile, do something. I wanted to give a friendly introduction, but my limbs were frozen out of sheer shyness.