Chapter 44

Chapter 44

-Farley-

The movie went as well as I'd hoped. I'd enjoyed spending more time talking about the food then I actually did when watching the movie. Pax's mind worked in such a unique way that I couldn't predict what he was going to say next. His thoughts on 'the lady and the tramp' trope had surprised me, but it was understandable. He didn't know the origin of it, so he just saw it as two people kissing with food in their mouths.

"What kind of trope would you have?" I asked him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't making a mental list of everything we'd discussed.

"You're already asked that," Pax pointed out with a smile.

"Did I? I don't recall." I tried to play it off with a shrug. "If I did, you didn't give me an answer."

Pax tilted his head upwards. His eyes were closed, making me notice how thick his eyelashes are. "I don't know what tropes are," he admitted. "I can't give you one if I don't know that. Apparently, I don't like them."

I sighed and teased, "So much to learn." I started to rub my thumb along the back of his hand, something I did when I was bored, or the movie was slow. "I suppose a trope is something which is overused. Or maybe it's a staple for the genre."

"So, two people kissing with their mouths full is overused?" His face scrunched up in disgust. "I'm not sure I'll like Rom-coms then."

I tried to hold in my chuckle at how he pronounced 'Rom-coms' and instead shifted so the laptop was beside me instead of on our laps. "I'll have to show you the original scene then. You'll understand. I'll see if there's audio description for it."

His eyes opened and his smile widened. I noticed he did that a lot. He kept his eyes shut the majority of the time, but if he were happy, they'd be open. I didn't know why he did it, but a little voice inside my head thought it was adorable, as though he was trying to take in as much of the moment as he could.

"Do you think that there is?" he asked. His fingers tightened around my hand; they were twitching but it was barely noticeable.

"It's an old movie, so probably." I was going to point out that he still hadn't answered the question, when he pulled away from me, only to wrap both of his arms around me in the biggest hug I'd received from him.

"Hey, what's this for?" I asked. "Not that I'm complaining." I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. The blankets had been discarded about an hour ago, so all that was blocking my touch was his thin t-shirt.

"No reason," he said with his voice muffled by my shoulder. His hair tickled my nose, filling my senses with the shampoo that we had started to share. "Can we stay like this?"

If we weren't going to before, we certainly will now that he asked. It made my chest warm.

I put some meditation music on, and we cuddled until sleep took us. It was the first time in a long time that I actually got a good night's sleep. I had worries, but for that night, it was peaceful. That all changed in the morning as my first thought was 'what are we going to do?'.

I turned my head only to be met by Pax's fluffy hair. He was leaning on me and had his arm wrapped around my waist. I didn't know when that happened, but I thought it was adorable. I didn't want to move.

I wriggled out of his grip and gave Pax my pillow to cuddle whilst I went to the bathroom. The sun was only just starting to peak out of the clouds, so it must have been really early.

I had a quick shower and got dressed before heading downstairs and checking my phone when I got outside. I had learnt my lesson not to spend too much time on it out there, but it was a very nice morning. It had been raining last night, judging by the smell of rain and residual water on the plants.