2

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"I think I found one." Allie went on looking on the computer. "Nevermind... it says that their child pisses on himself a lot I'm sure you don't want to deal wit that one." She said making me laugh.

"I don't understand why you like kids anyway it's so many jobs out here in LA, why babysit some snot nose kid who can't even control their pee." She said.

"I love kids, It's just a side job, I'm still planning on becoming a writer. And lots of people around here should need babysitters." I sighed.

"Well you can choose any other side job why make things hard and chose babysitting? It's so much work."

"I'm good with kids."

She rolled her eyes getting up from the bed. "Jae wants us to meet her at the fucking library,"

"Why the library?" I asked.

"It's Jae." She went on putting pants on. "Remember she wanted us to go get lunch with her, I'm guessing she's at the library now."

"She's been really confused since she got divorced."

"Well that's what happens when you get married at 20 years old." She said making me laugh a little.

"Oh come on she was in love." I defended I said getting ready.

"She wasn't in love she was stupid." She corrected.

*

"I'm fucking starving." Allie said while we were in the library basically waiting for Jae to find her book. She was looking for the book she read a month ago about love since she liked it so much.

"I don't understand why you took it back here if you liked it so much." Allie said to Jae seeing her search all the shelves.

"I was getting to addicted and needed a break off of it but I realized that I loved it and I will find it no matter how long it takes." She said.

"It does matter how long because I am starving and we are suppose to be going to brunch." She said.

"Well you can kiss my ass."

"You can kiss mine when you see me walking away and going to brunch without you." Allie said back. They continued to argue in whisper and I started to walk away looking for a book of my own even if I didn't plan on getting it.

I was looking around and felt my jacket being tugged making me look down. "E-Excuse me." She sniffed. She looked about five and it looked like she had been crying.

She had light brunette hair with green eyes and chubby cheeks.

"Hi? Are you lost?" I asked making her nod. "Who did you come here with?"

"H-he's a friend of my dad's." She sniffed. "I can't find him."

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Luna."

"Okay, my names Thea." I went on seeing her smile a little. "Where did you last see him?"

"He was by the books." She said which really wasn't any help but she tried.

"Come on." I said grabbing her hand. "What does he look like?"

"He's tall and has lots of hair." She told me. She gripped onto my hand tightly while we looked around for him.

It was a huge library so I wasn't sure if it was going to be easy. "Was he upstairs or downstairs?" I asked.

"We were upstairs but I-I don't know if he's there anymore." We continued to look around and went upstairs trying to find him.

"Luna." A man said coming up the stairs looking like he sprinted making us turn around. I looked at him weird and scooted her back.

"The fuck are you doing?" He asked almost raising his voice.

"Do you know him?" I asked making her nod.

"He's my dads friend." She said.

I let out a deep breath letting go of her hand as she went to him. "I'm sorry." I told him.

"It's fine, I understand." He said as he picked her up. "I was looking for a coloring book or anything for her and she ran off, I let her go for a second."

"A second is all they need to run away." I said making him laugh.

"Don't run off like that Luna your father will kill me." He said.

"Sorry Marco." She said.

"Thank you so much for keeping her safe, who knows what could've happened." He said.

I nodded. "You don't have to thank me I love kids."

"Oh you do? Are you a babysitter?"

"Used to be, I've been looking for babysitting jobs for a permanent family ever since I got back."

"Oh this is your hometown?" He asked making me nod. "Me too." He smiled. "My boss has been looking for a babysitter. He doesn't hire anyone he's really um... secretive about serious but maybe I'll convince him to give you a call."

"Oh you don't have to do that." I said.

"No I insist, give me your number and he'll give you a call when he isn't in a stubborn mood." He said making me laugh a little.

I grabbed a tiny notepad from my purse writing my number onto the paper and handing it to him.

"Thank you again." He said.

"Bye Thea." The little girl said making him laugh.

"Bye Luna." I smiled.

"Bitch where the hell did you go?" Allie asked coming up the stairs looking at Marco weird.

"A little girl got lost and I went to help her." I told her.

She rolled her eyes. "Snot nosed kids."

"She was adorable." Jae cooed.

"Yea um anyways you ready?" She asked making me nod.

-