18

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐒

"Did you find him?" I asked Marco.

"We did." He told me.

"Where is he?"

"He's in Portugal." He said.

"So he's in Portugal and sent his men out to break into my house a few nights ago? Why is he in Portugal?"

"Well he's trying to do a deal with Benedito Matos. The exact same man that we just did a deal with last month." He scoffed.

"So now he's trying to take my allie's? I know Benedito isn't stupid enough to side with Angelo." I chuckled.

"What's the plan?"

"Do you know how long he's staying there?"

"He just got back on the flight he's coming back here. Probably realized that his plan failed.".

"I was going to take a plane trip to Portugal but since he's coming back get all the men over here. Were going after him tomorrow night. If he just got on his plane he should be here the next morning." I explained.

"I'll call them. You need to slow down on the drinks, and how are things with Thea? Is she still upset?" He asked.

"When did this conversation switch over?" I sighed. "She's a little bit upset still she's getting over it slowly."

"I've been seeing you give her the cold shoulder lately."

"I haven't."

"You can't hide anything from me." He shrugged.

"I haven't been giving her the cold shoulder I've been focusing on keeping Luna and her safe. That's what I've been doing "

"Doesn't mean you have to push her away."

"Just call the men over here." I told him ignoring him. He scoffed and walked out when I heard another voice. He looked back at me and smirked while walking out when I saw Thea walk in.

"Something happen with Luna?" I asked.

"N-No. I just wanted to check on you." She said.

"Why? I'm fine." I assured her. She came over to me around my desk and turned me around to face her.

"You're not. You've been in here more than you usually are. I know that night wasn't suppose to happen and it probably makes you more paranoid now but that doesn't mean you can just stay in your office all day. I'm worried about you and so is Luna." She told me.

"There is nothing to be worried about."

"You don't always have to hide in your emotions either."

"How many times do I have to explain to you? There is nothing wrong with me, why are you so worried about me? You aren't my girlfriend, and you definitely are not my wife. You have one job here and that is to watch Luna." I told her.

She flinched back a little when the expression on her face changed. I saw tears form her eyes but she didn't look upset, she looked angry. Without saying anything she walked out of the office making me confused.