10

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

It's been almost two days and he hasn't said a word to me. Looks like everything's back to normal. I didn't like the normal way. I couldn't stop thinking about that night, the way his body pressed again mines, his soft lips, the way he gripped my hair into his hands.

It felt like he would protect me from anything like he was telling me that I belonged to him. His kisses on my neck made my body made me feel like I was on fire.

I couldn't forget the feeling no matter how hard I tried. I've been talking more to Marco and the other men and trying new things with Luna to distract myself. Also Kai has been wanting to take me somewhere, he suggested a walk in the park but I turned him down.

I didn't feel anything when I talked to him or was with him.

I've pretty much been bored for a while since Luna was asleep, she was coughing a lot and their personal doctor told us that she just needed to rest. I was just sitting in my room watching tv heading Allie on the phone

"Bitch are you even listening to me?"

"Y-Yea sorry." I said.

"Screw him. He got to kiss my girl and wants to act like nothing happened? He's an asshole. Give Kai a chance." She told me.

"I don't like Kai in that way. He's not really... interesting, and I don't want to lead anyone on." I told her making her roll her eyes.

"How's the kid?" She asked.

"She's still asleep, which is exactly why I'm bored." I sighed.

"I say fuck one of the men that work for him." Allie said making me gasp.

"Allie."

"I'm just saying." She said in defense.

"Hold on, I have to go check on Luna." I told her while getting up. I walked over to Luna's room seeing her still asleep. I walked over to her seeing the droplets of sweat on her forehead.

"Gosh Luna you're burning up." I said untucking her from the covers surprisingly she didn't wake up. I saw how sweaty her arms were as well.

"Luna." I said trying to get her up. She was super hot and wasn't waking up making me panic. "Luna." I repeated but she was completely passed out.

"No no no." I repeated going back to my room getting my phone.

"What happened?" Allie asked.

"I have to call you back." I said quickly. I ran back over to Luna's room while calling her dad since he gave me his number to call if something happened.

I put the phone to my ear and picked up Luna taking her downstairs. "What is it?" He picked up.

"Luna isn't waking up." I said panicking completely that I felt tears form in my eyes. I got something cold from the freezer trying to put it onto her arms and forehead.

"What?!" He asked.

"S-she's burning up and she won't wake up." I sniffed.

"I'll be right there." He hung up and I tried to constantly get her warm or cold enough to stop the sweating but it looked like she completely passed out.

This can't be happening.

*

The nurse was here along with Nicolas and Marco. It's been almost twenty minutes and Nicolas hasn't came down to tell us anything yet since the nurse was still up there with them.

"You okay?" Marco asked me.

"She wouldn't wake up." I said softly.

"She's a tough kid Thea. I know she's okay." He assured me.

"I shouldn't have left her in her room... I should've been in there with her." I said.

"It isn't your fault. You called just in time, that's all that matters."

Nicolas came down along with the nurse. The nurse left and he went over to Marco. They talked for a small minute and Marco went to the office.

I didn't know what to say.

I wouldn't blame him if he fired me.

"I-Is she okay?" I asked finally being able to say something.

"She's fine... her temperature was just really high. She has a really bad flu, it might last for a week. The nurse said that it has been lingering around other families around here as well." He told me.

I looked down trying to wipe my tears. "I'm glad you called me."

"She wouldn't wake up... I get if you wouldn't want me to look after her anymore but I love Luna. I'm sorry, I should've been watching her closely, I shouldn't have left her in the room alone." I told him.

He came over to me facing me while lifting my chin up. "This isn't your fault. You called me, you got her out of the bed, you tried to cool her down, you tried to wake her up, you did everything you were suppose to do. Most people would panic and run."

He wiped my eyes and I realized this was the first time I've truly saw him look concerned.

He came closer and tried to kiss me but I moved my head down. I cant fall for it again. "I can't." I told him making him look confused. "The other night... something happened, and then you just went back to ignoring me like nothing happened."

He sighed making me face him. "I'm not good at admitting my feelings. When you called me earlier I heard the panic and concern in your voice for my daughter. It told me everything I needed to know."

I saw it in his eyes that he was completely honest. I bit my lip and wrapped my arms around him connecting my lips with his.

He pulled away giving me one more soft kiss. "I have to handle something." He told me.

I nodded. "Okay."

"I'll be upstairs in a minute, could you stay in my room with Luna until Im finished?" He told me making me nod.

"Of course." I told him. He went to his office and I felt like a huge weight was just lifted off of my shoulders.

-