4

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐒

"Is Thea coming back today?" Luna asked while she sat on top of my desk. I was in the office looking at the shipment times of the guns and bombs and she came in hopping all around the place.

"Of course she is Lu, she babysits you everyday." I said. It's been almost two weeks since the girl has been babysitting Luna and I haven't seen my daughter smile so much in my life.

I'll give it another week and then I'll have to let her move in. I need a permanent babysitter and I think she might be good for the job.

Hate to say that Marco was right about her.

"Did I tell you what me and Thea did yesterday?" She asked kicking her feet back and forth?

"No Lu what did you guys do?" I asked still looking at the papers listening to her babble.

"She let me paint her face as a tiger, she said I could become an artist one day, she also let me do her makeup but I don't know if I'm any good at that. We like the same things as well." She said talking my ear off as usual.

But I will always listen no matter how much she talks. She was always a talker for a five year old she talks and pronounces things as good as an adult.

I would say it's because she's homeschooled but I think she mostly gets it from me even if I'm not much a talker. I might let her go to private school with other kids when she gets in high school but for now I just need to keep her completely safe.

Some of my men have kids of their own her age so they play together in the back yard sometimes. Being a Mafia father isn't always easy so I try my best to keep her safe and sound.

Her mother ran off when Lu was still a baby, fresh out the womb actually. She was some whore that I knocked up from a one night stand and only wanted money. I didn't bother to look for her. If she could leave our daughter like that she doesn't deserve to be in her life.

After getting the paternity test and seeing that Lu was my daughter I knew It would be hard.

It was hard raising Lu, but I think I did great from how she turned out, I also had help from my men as well along with my father. My mother died when I was a teen and I am an only child. I know she would've loved Lu.

The doorbell rang and Lu hopped off the desk making me almost fear my life but she landed on her feet. "Lu do not open any doors in this house." I told her but she just ran out the door.

Shit.

I tried my best to catch up to her but those little legs ran so fast for whatever reason. I finally got to the living room seeing her in Thea's arms.

I rubbed my face with a long sigh. "Look daddy, Thea's here." She smiled as I saw Thea laugh.

Even her laugh is beautiful.

"Lu you know not to open any doors in this house." I told her.

"Sorry daddy." She pouted.

"Hi Mr.King." Thea said to me with her same warming smile.

"I have to speak to you." I told her taking Lu out of her arms. "I have to talk to Thea for a second." I told her. She crossed her arms and walked up the stairs.

She always did have a little sass in her.

"Did I do something wrong?" Thea asked.

"I want you to become a permanent babysitter for Lu." I told her. Did that really just come out of my mouth?

"Oh.. I- what's the problem?" I asked cutting her off.

"I wasn't planning on making babysitting permanent I didn't mean to send you off I just.." She said and started getting nervous.

"Are you in school?" I asked her.

"No, I graduated early last year, I was studying in becoming a writer. I didn't want to get distracted a lot from babysitting not saying Luna is a distraction or anything I love luna I didn't mean it in a rude way I- I get it." I said cutting her off from her blabbing.

Her and Lu are really just alike.

"I'm sorry... I can still babysit Lu since I only look after her in the evenings to night, and she's a really good kid she wouldn't be any distraction to me at all. Not saying that she was one before at all I just- So you will become her permanent babysitter?" I asked cutting her off from her babbling again.

"Yes." She answered.

"Good, You will need to get all your things from your place and bring it here. You will be moving in the guest room and making it yours. I suggest you chose the room right by Lu's so it would be easier." I told her about to walk away but she stopped me.

"I'm moving in?" She asked.

"Yes that is what I just said." I told her.

"O-Okay." She said.

"I'll get Marco and Elijah to help you." I told her making her nod seeing Lu come from the stairs.

"Are you done?" She asked.

"I'm done." I told her making her smile going back towards Thea.

Okay than.

-