3

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"Are you serious? What if he's a creep? Or even worse?" Jae asked while I got ready. It was my first night babysitting Luna guessing I passed the four hour interview with Marco and he gave his thoughts back to her dad.

I haven't really seen the dad yet guessing he really is that busy.

"I'm sure he isn't," I said.

"You really want to spend your Friday night babysitting? We could be getting drunk." She said making me laugh.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Like a pre school teacher." She said making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know what time her dad gets back so I'll just say around eleven. Bye love you." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek heading out.

*

I finally got there after the longest 30 minute drive of my life. I tapped on the buzzer by the gate hearing Marco's voice. "You came just in time."

The gate opened and I drove inside seeing how big the house was. The exterior was black and the windows looked completely solid and tinted. I got out of the car and walked to the door taking in deep breaths.

Marco opened the door seeing him in his regular all black outfit. "You look so nervous." He said inviting me in.

"S-sorry should I loosen up?" I asked.

"Just be yourself." He told me making me nod. I saw Luna coming down the stairs coming to give me a hug.

"Hi Luna." I smiled. She grabbed my hand leading me more into the house when I saw a man come into the living room. Oh.

He was tall, and wearing all black but I saw the tattoos on both his hands and even one on his neck and above his eyebrow. His hair was black and he didn't really look friendly. He looked strong as well.

"This is Thea." Marco introduced and I saw him scowl Marco a bit. He looked up and down at me like he was scanning my body.

"Did you give her the list?" He asked Marco.

"Obviously." Marco said. "I'll see you in the car. Goodbye Luna." He said and Luna waved to him going over to her dad holding his hand. "Bye Thea." He smiled.

"What time does she have to be in bed?" Her dad asked me catching me off guard.

"Nine on weekdays, ten on weekends." I answered.

"Don't say weekends as if I'm giving you this job permanently. I am very serious when it comes to my daughter even more serious than my job." He said making shivers run through my body.

"S-Sorry." I said.

"No candy, don't go wondering around the house, i will know if anything's out of place, help yourself to anything in the kitchen, she must take her gummies every night before bed, and her hair has to be combed or else it would tangle." He told me making me nod. "I don't like when people do that. If I tell you something I want you to answer me with words."

Oh he is rude.

"I heard everything you said." I assured him.

He picked up Luna giving her a kiss goodbye. "Will you be back in time to tuck me in?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"Will Thea tuck me in if you can't?" She asked making him nod. She gave him a kiss onto the cheek and put her down. She came towards me holding onto my hand.

"I want to show you my colorings." She said about to pull me somewhere while her father walked out of the house. "Don't worry about daddy he warms up." She assured me.

I hope so.

-