8

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 ...

"Are we going out for drinks tomorrow night?" Allie asked.

"We are I already told you this."

"Well you have been canceling on me." She said.

"I know I'm sorry, Luna just needs me. Sometimes it feels like I need her more than she needs me." I shrugged.

"Oh my god what have they done to my friend? Your entire life has become about that child." She said

"Luna. Her name is Luna." I told her.

"Yeah sure. But like I said we should seriously get wasted tomorrow." She smiled making me shrug.

"I haven't been in the clubbing mood."

"That's because you haven't been putting yourself out there." She told me.

"Well I was focused on important things." I told her.

"Well sexual attraction is important as well." She told me.

"It isn't the most important thing."

"But it's needed in life." She said making me shrug. "How's things with the dad?"

"Still doesn't like me. He almost saw me cry yesterday."

"Cry? From what?" She asked.

"I was just crossing too many boundaries, it wasn't his fault." I shrugged.

"But that asshole made you cry."She said and I stayed silent. "That son of a bitch. I would've quit on the spot."

"That's just the way he is I'm guessing. He doesn't have his way with words. And I can't quit, I can't leave Luna." I told her.

"Well then you have to learn how to put your foot down. Like more, I know you have sass in you so I want you to use it more. Don't let him walk all over you like you need him when he really needs you." She told me.

"I know... your right."

"I always am." She said making me roll my eyes. I finished my makeup and said goodbye to Allie while going down the stairs seeing Marco.

"Well good morning to you." He said.

"Why are you here so early?"

"Do you not miss me?" He gasped making me roll my eyes.

"Of course I did." I told him.

"I just brought the dogs over." He told me.

"Dogs?" I repeated.

"A cane corso, a german shepherd, and Italian greyhound." He told me.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"In the backyard want to go see?" He asked making me nod excitedly. He took me to the backyard sliding the door over. I forgot how huge their backyard was. This is also where Luna does her karate training.

I saw the three dogs chasing Luna around while she laughed. She rolled into the grass and they started licking her. I also saw Nicolas on the phone while setting the dogs food out.

"Trust me they're nice. They'll sniff you for a while to check if you're good or not."

"How long have you had them?" I asked.

"Nicolas has had them for a while. He usually takes them to the warehouse, other dogs stay here though for protection over the house." He told me.

"How many others are there?" I asked.

"Four." He told me.

Luna ran her little legs over to me along with the dogs following her. Before she could reach me the dogs ran in front of her not letting her past.

I didn't realize how hard I gulped while one of them came up to me sniffing onto me. "What are they doing?"

"They have to check you first, so they won't let Luna past until they know that you aren't any danger to her."

"Oh.." I trailed. "Oh!" I gasped feeling the dog sniff a little bit too far up making me step back a little and making Marco laugh. They started licking my hand and let Luna past.

"Thea look the dogs are back." She smiled. "This is Alfio, Bronzo, and Enfasi." She told me.

"You named them all?" I asked.

She nodded. "Daddy let me pick out the names." She grabbed me and Marco's hand getting us to play with the dogs. "They like to tackle so you have to run." She told me but it was too late all three of them jumped onto me making me fall onto the ground.

"I told you to run." Luna said making me laugh.

"Maybe a little head start would help." I told her.

"Got to be quicker than that." Marco told me making me playfully roll my eyes.

*

It was 9pm and I had just tucked Luna into bed. I had to go tell her dad that he has a small rash on her stomach so he wouldn't be shocked when he sees his himself.

"I love you Thea." She said sleepily while I tucked her in. I smiled from her words seeing her tiny eyes almost closed.

"I love you too Luna." I told her. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked out of her room making sure the door was closed.

I went downstairs and to the back where his office was knocking on the door. "What is it?" He asked as I fully opened the door. I haven't said anything to him since the altercation we had yesterday.

"I just wanted to tell you that Luna has rash on her stomach...when I was washing her up I noticed it and I couldn't find any cream." I told him.

"Probably from the grass, I told her not to roll so much on it. It should be some in my bathroom i'll put it on her before I go to bed." He told me.

"Okay." Was all I said.

"Thea." He called out making me turn around.

"Hm?"

"I um... I wanted to... I wanted to um.." He went on taking in a deep breath. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I didn't mean to raise my voice at you I know you were just trying to help." He told me.

"It's fine." I told him.

"It isn't. I know you and Luna have became very close and I guess that's why I was upset. It's like you know my daughter more than me and I couldn't accept that." He admitted.

"I understand." I assured him.

He nodded. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I smiled walking out. He apologized?

At least were getting somewhere.

-