22

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"Crap." I sighed dropping my cup on the floor with all the juice in it.

"The hell are you so clumsy for." Marco said making me roll my eyes. It's been three weeks and Nicolas still wasn't waking up. I've been a wreck but kept strong for Luna on the outside.

He's been in his room hooked up to tubes for weeks. Looking completely vulnerable, hurt, and miserable. I hated it. Luna sleeps in his room with him mostly waiting for him to wake up. Every time I saw him in there like that I couldn't bear it at all. I haven't been in there in two weeks. Luna and Marco have been feeding him I've mostly been preparing it along with their house keeper.

"No stop!" I heard Luna laugh while running inside from the patio along with Kai and Dario.

"Gotchaaa!" Dario said tickling her all over the floor.

"Four year olds in a grown up body." Marco scoffed making them roll their eyes.

"You're just jealous Marco." Luna said.

"Of course I am. We were best friends and you turned on me." He told her making her scratch her head.

"I sorry Marco." She said with puppy dog eyes knowing it always works.

"Not going to work this time." He said walking away from her. She waved her little hand off at him and climbed in the chair.

"Thea." She called out catching my attention. "S-someone called you earlier and I forgot to tell you."

"Huh?"

"Someone called while you were in the bathroom, it was probably important so I answered and they said something but I told them it wasn't you speaking." She said kicking her feet back and forth.

"And when was this?" I asked.

"Yesterday." She smiled making me sighed.

"Luna."

"I forgot." She cooed.

"What was their name?"

"He said his name was Carter." When she said that I rubbed my face shaking my head. "Do you not want to speak to him?"

"N-no it isn't that."

"Is it because I didn't tell you? Sorry If it was important." She frowned.

"No sweetie it's just an ex that's all." I assured.

"Ex? He's a bad man?" She asked.

"Huh? Why would you say that." I laughed off.

"Daddy says that exes are worthless human beings that weren't good enough for a person so the person kicked them out of their life." She said.

"Oh... well." I shrugged. Nice way of wording things Nicolas.

"Did you not want to talk to him?"

"It's okay I'll handle it, thank you for telling me." I assured her. I forgot for someone her age she sure does know a lot. It still shocks me on how mature she speaks. I wonder why Carter was calling me.