49

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐒

"Ready for the ball tonight?" Marco asked.

"When have I ever been excited about things like this?" I asked making him laugh. The famous ball was tonight, well in three hours for the rich and powerful. Being more truthful, criminals, powerful mafias, empires, and assassins, hit-mans , and all of the above.

"Oh come on it'll be fun." He joked making me glare at him.

I went upstairs leaving Marco since he kept smacking in his strawberries. I went into the room seeing Thea getting fitted for her dress so she was half naked.

She looked gorgeous in the dress.

"You're not suppose to see it yet." She sighed seeing me by the door.

"Nothing wrong with a little sneak peak."I smirked seeing her squint eyes at me.

She looked so beautiful.

"Stop staring." She said as I saw her cheeks get red making me smile again. Her makeup artist came inside and got settled. I hope she wasn't overwhelmed by everything since it was all happening to fast at once. I went into Luna's room seeing her in her underwear with her arms crossed.

"Why so upset?"

"I want to go with you and Thea." She pouted.

"I already told you Lu. This is for adults and it just isn't a place for children."

"But it's just a dance."

"Well you know what daddy does right? Others that do the similarities as me will be there and I just don't want you to be caught in it. My job is to keep you safe Lu, and it just isn't a place for children. When you get older I'll promise to take you just like I said before."

"But if it's dangerous why are you and Thea going?"

"Were adults."

She pouted sitting on the bed. I sighed going over to her dresser getting out a night gown. I stood her up on the bed and put it on her while she still looked at me upset.

"Your time will come Lu." I assured her. She gave me a hug and a kiss on her cheek.

"Be safe daddy." She whispered making me smile. She truly is the best gift. I needed her in my life and god knew that.

*

We arrived at the ball and I helped Thea out of the car. I really couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I knew lord of other eyes would be on her as well. I don't want to have to burn this place down. She clutched onto my making me kiss the top of her forehead.

"This is very threatening." Marco joked making me roll my eyes. She wrapped her arm around me and Marco and we went inside. I didn't have to do much to get pass security. They already knew who I was.

We walked into the elevator and Marco and Thea were throwing shots at each other like children making me shake my head. "You look like a big red onion."

"You looked like the bottom of a janitors shoe."

"Well I think I looked ravishing."