I say this because I still care about you

Jack's: POV

-A week later-

"What's the matter?" asked Katie. "Nothing." I said. I washed a table that was already clean. "I see there's something that worries you." she replied.

(Katie)

(Katie)

"Since the divorce with my ex-husband, I have tried to be a good father to my children. I work extra shift here to afford to pay bills, buy food and clothes. But sometimes it feels like I'm not good enough." I said. "Stop it Jack." replied Katie strictly. "It's true." I said. "You're the most kindest person I have ever met and you're a wonderful father to your kids. They love you more than you can imagine." she said. "You're right." I replied.

She was about to say something when the door opened. My whole body froze when Oliver came in with Adam. I knew he'd give me a hell.

They went to a table and sat down. "Can we have a menu?" asked Oliver. "Of- of course." I stuttered. I gave them the menu and Adam mouthed a thank you. "We are here today to celebrate our engagement." said Oliver. He showed me the ring. "Our wedding will be next month." he said. "Congratulations to you both." I replied. "But it's a private ceremony, only closet friends and families are invited." he said.

"Have you decided?" I asked and they nodded. I wrote down their orders and went back to the kitchen. "What a bitch." said Katie coldly. "I'm used to it." I replied. "I bet he's using Adam for money." she said. "Maybe." I replied. Then I went out with their food and drinks. "Bon appetit." I said. "Merci." replied Adam. Oliver gave him an annoyed glance. They started eating and I walked back to the kitchen.

***

Adam's: POV

"Are you coming?" asked Oliver impatiently. "I'll just go to the restroom." I said. "I'm in the car." he replied and went out.

"Adam." said Jack. "Hey." I replied. "I say this because I still care about you. Please be careful around Oliver." he said. "You sound like my mom now." I replied. "I mean it." he said. "I'll be careful, don't worry." I replied and left.

Jack still care about Adam

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~