All children except one grow up

Jack's: POV

A doctor came and he looked sadly at us. "How's Esme, how is my daughter?" I asked worried. She asked me to sit down on the couch and mom put her hand on my shoulder.

I saw the pain in the doctor's eyes and a tear were rolling down my cheek. Her words turned into a silent echo. She took my hands and I couldn't speak or move.

"Your daughter's heart stopped beating. The staff did everything they could, but it was too late. They couldn't save her life. Esme is dead." said the doctor.

***

Vlad's: POV

"Nooo." screamed Jack. "Jack wake up, you've a nightmare." I said. He opened his eyes and saw me. "Vlad." he replied and hugged me. I hugged him back and he cried.  "Max." replied Jack. "She's alive." I said. We went up to her bed and tears filled my eyes. She was sleeping and she hugged her Boo doll.

"Daddy, papa." said Esme in her sleep. "Yes sweetie." I said. "Can you read Peter Pan for me?" she asked. "Of course I can." I said.

"Thank you." she said. I sat down on a chair and read Peter Pan for her. Esme smiled softly. "All children, except one, grow up." I said. "I love that quote." she replied. "Me too." I said.

Thank you glambertbear for being in my book

Vlad is back

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~