(55) Baby Faced Bodyguard

Wenwen was extremely excited. The boy chatted nonstop on their way home, as if he had endless things to tell. Fu Yunruo listened with a smile, feeling her heart warmed by his cheerfulness as she enjoyed her son’s nonstop babbling in his cute tender voice.

Back home, Wenwen followed Fu Yunruo like a little tail. Fu Yunruo gave him a drink and went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

“Are you hungry? Have a piece of cake first.”

Since they were in the village, Fu Yunruo was not afraid of leaving Wenwen’s side for a while, so she took a chance to sneak out during the afternoon shooting and returned home to put the two remaining cold cakes on a plate cooled with a bowl of cold water. Fu Yunruo then returned the bowl Wenwen previously borrowed to the Great Grandma, who in return stuffed her with a pile of cakes wrapped in oiled paper.

Great Grandma’s cakes were unrivaled, but she was very old after all, so no one in the village would pester her to make cakes just because she was good at it. The children were also sensible; only when Great Grandma announced that she was going to make cakes would they swarm over to her house to ask for a share.

However, the grown-ups didn’t have the same good fortune. No matter how many cakes Great Grandma made, the children could devour all with their seemingly bottomless tummies, so Fu Yunruo was surprised to find that the Great Grandma had left her a share. Fu Yunruo initially wanted to refuse politely, but thinking that Wenwen liked this cold cake so much, she finally accepted it with blushing cheeks.

Fu Yunruo hadn’t told Wenwen about these ‘bonus cakes,’ so when Wenwen saw Fu Yunruo take out a plate with two cakes on it, he still cherished them so much.

“T-then, let’s eat a piece now.” The last piece shall be eaten before going to bed, guaranteeing a sweet dream at night!

Wenwen took one piece of cake and broke it into two halves. After comparing them with his eyes, he gave the bigger half to Fu Yunruo, “For Mom!”

This cold cake had a short shelf life, and Fu Yunruo also knew that there were still more in the refrigerator, so she didn’t reject her son’s kindness.

“Eat the other piece too.”

Wenwen was reluctant, but he was hungry. It seemed that eating the cake only made him even hungrier!

Fu Yunruo added casually, “Don’t forget to leave some for your Uncle Yue!” Si Yue was so kind to Wenwen, so it was just a given to share the rewards with him.

Wenwen thought that Fu Yunruo was talking about sharing the last piece in his hand and was very reluctant as a result. This was the last piece, and he still hadn’t eaten enough, ah!

Wenwen rolled his eyes secretly and began to plot — should he eat it before Uncle Yue returned and then pretend to be ignorant?

But Uncle Yue was so kind. How could he be so stingy?

Wenwen thought for a while, and finally broke the last piece of cake into quarters. Yet, he still looked hesitant, and after a quick thought, broke one of the quarters again into smaller pieces. The cold cake on the plate was now divided into several pieces of different sizes. Wenwen moved the smallest piece aside and decided the rest to be his and his mother’s.

“This piece is for Uncle Yue.” Wenwen pointed to the small piece on the edge and said loudly.

Fu Yunruo was taking out plates and didn’t pay attention to her son’s small movements. Hearing what the boy said, she just said, “Okay,” without looking back.

Si Yue, who had just entered the room, stopped in confusion. His gaze then fell to the crumbly piece of cake that Wenwen’s chubby finger pointed at.

Si Yue: “…”