(136) Old Fu

It was a high-end nursing home on the outskirts of the capital city. It was famous for its beautiful and quiet environment, professional nursing team and privacy.

Many rich and powerful retired people in the capital city would stay here for a period of time and many of them would enjoy their retirement here.

On a quiet green path, a caregiver pushed a gray-haired, doddering old man out for a stroll.

And the man in the wheelchair was Fu Zonghong.

Over the past three to four years, his body had aged very quickly. He had forced himself to take charge of the Fu family in the hope that he could hand over the prosperous Fu family to Wenwen in the future.

But his body would not be able to hold on until the day Wenwen grew up.

After the company collapsed one time, his health deteriorated and he no longer had the energy to take charge of such a big company.

Luckily, he was prepared and had groomed a capable agent to take over the company. Luckily, the handover was timely and the agent was very capable. Soon, Fu's Enterprise, which was in chaos because of Fu Zonghong's collapse, was stabilized.

Seeing that the situation had stabilized, Fu Zonghong lived in the nursing home with peace of mind.

The nurse pushed him to the side of a lake. In front of him was a green lake surrounded by green grass.

Because the lake was running water, there were many fish in it. The elderly who were free would come over to fish to kill time.

There were also children who came to visit and accompany the elderly playing on the grass. Even he could hear their childish laughter clearly.

Fu Zonghong looked at the peaceful and lively scene in front of him. His eyebrows relaxed and he could not help but smile.

His eyes, which were already a little cloudy, were suddenly enlightened.

He thought of the grandchildren he rarely saw and his daughter …

Now that they had found a good home, he could rest assured.

Fu Zonghong went to attend his daughter's wedding two years ago. Unfortunately, he could only watch from afar and could not bring his daughter to a new life as a father. He could not give her his blessings in person either. He was even afraid that she would be unhappy to see him, so he could only watch from afar.

He hoped that he could be forgiven by Fu Yunruo, but he realized that he might not be able to live until that day.

All these years, the more he thought about the past, the more guilty he felt. He had let Fu Yunruo down. After so many years of what he had done, no matter how warm her heart was, it had been broken by him.

The mistake had already been made. Even if Fu Zonghong wanted to make amends, she no longer needed it.

Ever since Fu Yunruo told him that the person who had the right to forgive him was no longer around, he had countless nightmares. He dreamed that his daughter had left the world alone because of his coldness and neglect.

He was awakened countless times, his heart filled with grief.

However, he didn't dare to think too much about it. He saw that Yunruo was still alive in the human world and that she was doing well. That was enough.

However, he also wanted to do his part. Ever since he found out what kind of family Fu Yunruo had married into, he knew that the Fu family's assets were nothing in their eyes.

However, this was the Fu family's hard work after all. Whether it was in the past or in the future, his only successor was Fu Yunruo. For a family like that, if she didn't have enough dowry, no matter how good the person she married into was, there would still be people in the family who would look down on her. Fu Zonghong was worried that Fu Yunruo and her son wouldn't have a good life in the Si family. Hence, Fu Zonghong still hoped that this could be a guarantee for Fu Yunruo and her son.