66//Dixon

Wow hi, it's been 4 years since I've updated this story, but in honor of The walking dead series finale I thought I'd write a little something. This kinda follows the finale so spoiler warning! Sorry if it's trash, I'm a bit rusty:)

"Uhm guys... why's that walker climbing the fence?" You point out to your group.

Heads turn and disbelief washes over your friends faces as they see multiple walkers actually climbing a fence outside.

"What the fuck." You hear from a few of them.

You're inside the Commonwealth hospital, trying to kill Pamela, but first save Judith who's been shot. You're safely locked in for now, as you watch the chaos of walkers outside.

You walk back into the room where Judith lays unconscious, Daryl giving her his blood through an IV. "How're you doing?" You put a hand on his shoulder and he just shrugs. "You should at least sit down... please?" He obeys and sits on the gurney next to Judith's.

"We can't stay here much longer, those doors ain't gonna hold." Daryl mutters as you nod.

A few minutes later you hear Carol shout, "Guys! I think it's time to get moving." As you hear the glass doors bust and walkers spill in.

You and Daryl roll the bed Judith lays on as everyone follows through the halls of the hospital. Walkers start coming from every angle, forcing you to kill your way out.

Once you're out you meet Mercer, who sneaks you into the safety of the Estates. Judith's now stable, so you all plan your attack on Pamela.

"I wanna fucking kill her." Daryl tells you, "she shot Judith!"

"I know she did and trust me I want her to suffer as much as you, but think rationally for a second. You go out there and kill her now, they'll come for you. We need a plan." You try to talk some sense into him, knowing you're the only one he'd listen to.

If one thing enrages Daryl Dixon, it's when you mess with his family.

Ok time jump here everything happens like it did in the episode and they take back the Commonwealth, Alexandria, and Hilltop.

You and Daryl have known each other since the prison, you two hated each other at first. And I mean hated. He thought you were a spoiled princess and you thought he was an arrogant ass. You both ended up proving the other wrong, and have become inseparable over the years. You might even call Daryl Dixon your best friend, and you have a sneaking suspicion he'd say the same.

You two had talked about leaving before, not for forever, but just to explore what's out there. But there always seemed to be a problem that came up, requiring the help of you two. Things have been steady though, dare you even say things have been good.

That's why you weren't shocked when Daryl told you he was leaving. "You know you can come with me, right? Please come with me, (Y/N)..." you two were seated on a bench near the river, away from everyone.

"It's okay Daryl. I have to stay here, they need me, the kids need me. Besides, it'll be good for me." You say, shedding a few tears and quickly wiping them. "I'm gonna miss you though."

"It's not like you'll never see me again." He smiles, but you can tell he's holding back tears too. "Ya know you're my best friend, (Y/N). I'd do anything for ya." He says quietly.

"I know Daryl, I know. I love you." You put a hand on his cheek.

He doesn't respond right away but then he says, "I love you. I don't know what I'd do without ya."

You walk him to his bike, arms slung around each other. As he gets on his bike you take a good look at him, not knowing when or if you'll see him again. You take in every aspect of him and your heart swells with the amount of love you feel for him.

You give him a kiss on the cheek, "see ya soon Dixon."

"See ya soon (y/l/n)." And he drives off.

You watch him until you can't see him anymore. Your mind floods with memories of you two over the years, and you smile while you cry.

You know he'll come back to you one day.

Damn ok, it's 3am and I just had to write something cuz I'm feeling super nostalgic about its ending. This show meant the world to me and gave me so many amazing experiences, I'm so thankful for it. What'd y'all think of the ending??