59//Dixon

Daryl
Requested by SMD012

"We're going to get out Beth. I promise." You comfort your friend Beth.

Beth had just become a volunteer at Grady Memorial, well, not really a volunteer. They wouldn't let her leave. They wouldn't let anyone leave. She made friends with you, another "volunteer" there, and you two have been plotting a way to get out.

~~~

"Beth! Come on!" You scream. You both were so close to getting out, you could see the exit gate. Someone grabbed Beth, and was calling for backup, but you slipped away. You would find help and then go back to get Beth out.

Hours -days maybe- you've lost track of time, later you ran into a man and women. The man was muscular, dark, long hair, and very attractive. The woman was more petite, but looked just as dangerous.

"Have you seen a girl? She has blonde hair." The man asked cautiously, crossbow raised.

"Woah, I don't want any trouble. But do you mean Beth? We were escaping and she got caught. My plan was to get help and go back to get her."

"Where is she? Is she okay?" The man asks, lowering his weapon.

"I just need your help getting her out."

~~~

It's been a week since you have escaped. The whole week you've all been planning on a way to get Beth out. You met Rick and some other people from their group. Along the week, you and Daryl have grown very close. You may be falling for him.

DARYL'S POV

"She's not going back with you! Just give us Beth, you'll get your officer and we'll all go our separate ways." I yell, placing a hand protectively on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

I've grown to really like (Y/N). Meaning, I may be falling in love with her. The plan we all came up with was we take one of their officers in exchange for Beth. But now the leader wanted (Y/N) back.

"It's okay. I'll go." (Y/N) announces.

"No you won't." I wrap one arm around her skinny waist, making her unable to get out. She struggles against my grip, but I won't let her be the hero, not today. I can't lose her before I even get to know her.

I don't really know what happened, but one thing led to another and now Beth was on the floor. Blood seeping from her head. Dead. (Y/N) struggled against my grip and I released her. I was too much in shock. Was this my fault? My feelings for (Y/N) is the reason an innocent girl just died.

"Every.. everyone come on. And I'm taking whoever else wants to go back there!" Rick shouts, tears in his eyes.

~~~

(Y/N) POV

It's been almost a month since Beth died and everyone hates you. Well the only one you've really noticed is Daryl, but he's the one you care about the most so it seems much worse than it is. Daryl has been treating you horribly, and all the others are too busy grieving to notice.

You feel so alone. Like everyone wishes it were you who died and not Beth. You try to make it up by helping out extra and passing your food to others. It got to the point where you would only sleep about three hours, and hardly have any food.

Maybe it'd be better if I just died. That was your last thought before you passed out on the hard floor of the jail.

You wake up in your cell, in your bed. You could feel the presence of someone sitting next to you. "(Y/N)? Oh my God, thank you God. Thank you." By the voice you could tell it was Daryl.

"How long have I been out?"

"Almost three days."

"Why didn't you just let me die," You snapped. "It's obvious everyone was hoping that!" Daryl stared at you blankly. "What?" He asks dumbfounded.

"After... after Beth died, everyone treated me like sh*t. Like they wished I had died and not her. I loved Beth! She was my best friend, I would've taken that bullet for her!" You choked up.

"I... I'm so, so sorry (Y/N). It's my fault Beth died, it's my fault you almost died. I felt so guilty. I thought my feelings for you had gotten in the way, and that that's the reason Beth is dead."

"Feelings?" You ask, staring at him.

"Yeah, uh, I, uh... you're one of the few people I can actually stand, and well, I think I'm falling in love with you (Y/N) (Y/LN). When I found you on the floor passed out, my heart sunk. All I wanted was for you to be okay. I'd die if it meant you'd be safe." Daryl says in a rush.

You smile wide and blush a little. You were speechless, so you did the only thing you could think to do. You kissed him.

When you ended the kiss he whispered in your ear, "we need you. I need you."

I know, cringe, but whateverrrr. School starts soon (ew) and I'm starting High School (double ew) so I'll be involved in a lot more and school will be harder, plus cheer will be everyday, so I'm guessing I won't be updating much. But I'll definitely still update sometimes bc I love writing these!