50//Grimes (C)

Carl
Requested by DefenderOfTheWorld07

You miss your brother Glenn. You miss your best friend Carl, the person you've gone through everything with. Everyday you wonder what could've become of the two of you. You both liked each other and you both knew it, you just never had the guts to actually become a couple.

You got separated from your group back at Terminus, and now it's been days without water or food. You don't know how many days its been, but you know you didn't have much time left. And one day, you were dragging yourself along, when you couldn't anymore. You let the darkness consume you, and passed out.

You wake up in a bed. You had different clothes on, and you were clean. You had bandages all over you and an IV in your arm. It looked like you were in some sort of infirmary, but no one was around. You rip the IV out of your arm and attempt to get out of bed, but you were so weak. You fell and couldn't get up. You screamed in pain.

"Wh- you're awake? Why would you try to get up?" A young girl, around your age, helps you up and back into bed.

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"I'm Enid. One of our scouts found you passed out on the streets, so he brought you back here. We're in a community called Alexandria."

You were stunned. You didn't know what to think. Were you safe here?

As though reading your mind Enid said, "you're safe here."

1 WEEK LATER

"Did you hear a new group arrived?" Your new best friend, Enid, asks you.

Your heart flutters, "no. When?"

"Just this morning. I already saw them. They have some pretty attractive girls." Enid smirked.

You laughed at your lesbian best friend. "I'll go say hi later."

Later, you knock on the new arrivals door. You're shocked at the face that opens it. "Carol?" You scream and hug her.

"(Y/N)! How? Oh thank God!" Carol hugs you tight and then tells you Glenn and Maggie were walking around.

You sprint through Alexandria and finally see them. You run to Glenn and almost tackle him to the ground. You were already crying and so was Glenn. Glenn and Maggie, who was like your older sister, embraced you in a group hug.

"So now to get to what you really want to know," Glenn smiles, "Carl's in the house two down from Carol."

You stared at Glenn and he just nodded. You took off running once again. You knocked vigorously on the door until Carl opened it. He stared at you and then picked you up and spun you around.

You cried into his shoulder as you clung to him. "I've missed you so much Sheriff Boy." You whisper into his ear.

He laughed at the nickname you gave him long ago. He put you down to look into your eyes, "I missed you Deputy Girl... I- I thought you were dead." Carl looked down at the ground.

"Well, I'm not. I'm right here Carl. Right in front of you." He wraps his arms around your waist and kisses you. He finally, after all these years, kisses you.