14//Grimes (R)

Rick

"(Y/N)! You have to get her out! Follow the scar of when I had Carl! Please..." Lori was giving birth at the worst possible time. Walkers were banging at the door, and you had no experience of delivering a child.

"Lori... You won't survive. I can't!" You panic.

"Ahh! (Y/N)! You have to, please! Take care of my baby for me." She takes your hand, "thank you."

Then she grabs Carl's hand and says some words. You didn't listen, instead you took out your knife and made sure it was clean.

You looked up at her one more time, her hand in Carl's, then you glided the knife across her scar. The blood came oozing out and you were overwhelmed, but you kept going.

You grabbed onto the baby and wrapped her in your jacket. "It's a girl." You whisper.

"Here Carl, take her... I'll do it." You say referring to shooting Lori in the head so she doesn't become a walker.

"No. I'm her son. I do it." He says sternly, looking past you.

You stare at him, but don't argue. Lori was screaming in pain, slipping into unconsciousness.

"Goodbye." You whisper, although she can't hear you. You walk towards the door so the gunshot won't be as loud.

When you heard it you jumped, and held the baby girl tighter.

Carl came and walked straight past you, killing all the walkers at the door, and any of them that you ran into on the way.

You walk out of the prison and see everyone standing there. You walk slowly, fighting back tears and failing.

"...Lori...?" Rick asks, looking at the baby.

You breakdown, while Carl stands there, gun clutched in his hand, staring into the distance.

"No!... Oh no! Nooo!" Rick groans in pain, fighting tears.

No one's seen Rick in hours, but the baby's getting fussy and she needed formula.

You find Rick in the room where Lori gave birth, you don't see her body when you walk in though, just the blood stained floor. You look away.

"Rick... She's- she's hungry."

No response.

"I'm going to go on a run. Do you want to come? It may be good for you to get some fresh air. But I get if you want to be alone." You say, your voice leary.

"I-I..." Rick says staring straight ahead.

You just nod and turn to walk away.

"Wait." You hear his hoarse voice say. "I don't wanna be... Alone."

You nod again and sit next to him in silence, and then he breakdown.

You hug him and sooth him. You tell him how sorry you are, and even cry a little. After all, Lori was your best friend.

"How do I raise two children in a world like this? With no mother?" He finally says.

"You have all of us, Rick. You know I'm always gonna be here for you. 24/7." You wipe a year from his cheek.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." He finally looks at you and even smiles the tiniest bit.

"Like I said, I always be here for you."

Then he did something that you never would've guessed.

Rick Grimes kissed you. A soft kiss.

"Sorry." He mumbles and looked down, once he pulled away.

You just smiled and held his hand

TAKING REQUESTS!! Comment on any of my stories or message me your requests!😄