62//Grimes (C)

Carl
*major spoilers for S8*

Your best friend Carl has been bit by a walker.

It's one of those things that you always knew could happen, but you never thought it actually would. You're not too sure how you feel. You actually can't feel much, you're numb.

How could it be him? Why him? Carl is the most selfless person you've ever met. He's too good for any of this, you wish it would've been you to get but rather than him.

And now as you sit in a dark church with him, Michonne and Rick, you think about everything.

You two have known each other since the very beginning. You met on the highway trying to get out of the city. So many people died and you two were always there for each other. Always. You loved him so much, but you didn't know how to tell him. Now it's too late.

As Carl's final moments were creeping up, he said his goodbyes to everyone. "Thank you for everything. You're my best friend, (Y/N)." Carl breathes out, trying to hold back tears.

You let your tears run down your face. "You're mine, too. You're mine." You have never felt so much pain in your whole entire life, and you've been through some awful things.

Carl insisted that he kill himself with his gun because, once again, Carl's selfless and didn't want to put that on anyone else. Just as we were all about to leave him, he grabbed my hand.

"I might not have been able to beat this world, but you can. I love you (Y/N). I love you so much." Carl shakily says, trying his best to keep it together.

You lost it. "Carl I love you so much. I love you so, so, so beyond much and I never knew how to tell you, but now it's too late. I'm so sorry. But don't you dare think that you didn't beat this world because you did. You kicked this worlds ass, Carl Grimes. I love you." He closes his eyes and smiles. You gently place a kiss on his lips and walk out.

A/N I cried a lot while writing this. I honestly feel so broken inside. I can not believe Carl Grimes is gone. He deserved soooooo much better😭😭😭😭