41//Grimes (C)

Carl
Requested by Lost_Girl1005

You were startled awake when you heard a leaves crunch. Was it a squirrel? A person? A roamer? You never knew nowadays.

You got up and got your gun ready. You've been surviving in the woods for almost a year now. All of your family died, you were the only one left. Just 12 year old you.

You heard footsteps coming closer, and then a boy, maybe a year older then you, came into view.

"Put your gun down." You say, aiming yours at his head.

"I'm Carl. I don't want any trouble. Are you alone? I can help you." He puts his gun slowly on the ground, "I just have three questions."

"What are they?" You lower yours, but keep your finger on the trigger.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"That what you call them? But I don't know."

"How many people have you killed?"

"...one..."

"Why?"

"They didn't want to become a roamer." You say, tears forming at the memory.

"I have a group. We're safe. You can come back with us." The boy, who you learned was Carl, offered.

I can't survive out here much longer. What have I got to lose?

~~~~~

You've been living at the prison for three months, and it's great. Everyone treats you like family. The only problem is; you've developed a crush on Carl, who is also your best friend.

You were braiding your hair when Carl walked in.

"Hey (Y/N)." He lays on your bed.

"Get up. We have chores to do." You lightly kick his side. He grabs your arm and starts tickling you. "C-c-ca-rl! St-stop!" He finally stops and you were laying on top of him.

"I'm gonna try something." You say nervously. You look at his blank face and then kiss him quickly. You pull away to look at his still blank face, and then he smiles.

He wraps his arms around you, and kisses you again.

You both smile bigger then you ever had in your lives.

A/N Hey everyone!! I'm meeting Chandler in 6 days and my birthday is in 7 days!!! I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!