40//Dixon

Daryl
Requested by cubba37

You and Daryl were a couple, the cutest couple in fact. Sounds crazy, right? Daryl and cute in the same sentence? You two were those people who went around making googly eyes at each other, and had pet names for each other.

Daryl always told you how you've changed him, but in the best way possible. You've opened him up, and given him life. Like a flower that was dead, then you watered it and it blossomed into something beautiful. He was out on a 4 day run with Rick and you were put in charge of the prison.

"(Y/N)," Beth ran up to you, out of breath. "The- the gates are gonna break. There are too many walkers at them!"

You curse and run to the gates, gun in hand. "Everybody get guns! Make sure the escape route is able to access... These things are coming in." Just as you say that, the one section of the gate breaks, and walkers flood in. You started shooting, getting each head on your first shot.

You were running backwards and shooting when you feel a very sharp pain in your back, and then your foot gets caught on something and you fall back.

Head, back, ankle. Pain

You were for sure dead now.

Darkness.

You couldn't feel anything, or see anything, but you could hear. You were very confused. And then one of the days you heard Daryl's voice.

He must be back from his run.

"When they were fighting off the walkers, I guess at one point her and someone else went back to back to see better, and the persons knife stabbed her back. It hit a nerve very close to the spinal cord. And then she must've tripped over a rock, breaking her ankle and hitting her head quite hard... We won't know if she'll wake up... And even if she does, she could very well be paralyzed." You hear Hershel explain to someone.

You hear Daryl crying and cursing. You hear him punch the wall and fall to the ground. You wanted nothing more than to go and hold him, tell him you were still here.

~~~~~

People came and visited. You have grown to identify them by their footsteps. Carol's light and close together, Daryl's heavy and clumsy. Daryl came in every other hour every day and just talked about what was happening, and how much he loved you.

"It's been four days, baby. Please...," Daryl grabs your hand. "I love you, you are my everything. You are what gets me up everyday. I can't live without you. I need you by my side. And if you- if you... die, I won't be able to go on with life. So you can't die. Do you hear me? You cannot die on me! I need you. I want to marry you. We'll get married! We can still get married, even if it's not what it would be like before, that's okay, because all I need is you."

You want to scream that you love him too, and that you will marry him, but you can't open your mouth or eyes. You try to show him you're still here.

You squeeze his hand.

Daryl starts to cry tears of joy.

You're alive, and going to marry Daryl Dixon.

A/N Follow/spam Daryl.jss.grimes on Instagram, comment when done and I may follow/read your books