48//Dixon

Daryl
Requested by DixonLover2724

You and Daryl were great friends, and you were becoming more. Until the Governor ruined everything. He attacked, the prison fell, you were separated from your group.

Now it's been over a month and you know they're dead. You've been walking around Alexandria lonely and sad. You came across this community when you were almost dead from dehydration. They welcomed you and gave you a home, but this place isn't home. It never will be unless your group magically appeared here one day. Unless Daryl magically appeared.

You were going out on a run, alone, for food. Alexandria was running low, and you slept at a supermarket before you got here that still had a lot of food. You packed the last of supplies into the van and drove out the gates.

1 WEEK LATER

You drove back into Alexandria, the haul was definitely successful. You rolled down your window to talk to Heath. "Oh, and by the way, there's a welcome party tonight." He told you.

Ugh. You still weren't use to the parties, I mean, you never even liked parties before the apocalypse. You went straight to your house and took a shower. You then got ready. You put on the dress that you found on the run. It was tight, and a deep purple. It had cap sleeves, and it showed off your body just right.

You sighed as you closed and locked your door. You walked over to Deanna's house, where all the parties take place. You walked into the packed house, straight over to where Heath was standing. Out of everyone, you've become closest with him.

"Where are the new arrivals?" You scanned the room, full of familiar faces.

"Not sure, it's a huge group though."

Your mind automatically wandered to your large group that you haven't seen in weeks, but you knew they were all dead.

You heard the door open, and locked eyes with a very familiar face. Your jaw dropped as you ran to the person. "Rick." You cried as you hugged him.

"(Y/N)?! How- I- oh my god." He hugged you again.

"The rest of the group...?" You asked, looking around, but really mainly for Daryl.

"Lizzie, Mika, Beth, Tyreese..." he looked down.

"Sh*t...where's the rest?"

"They're on their way, except Daryl. He's staying at the house. You know how he is with new places... besides, he's barely said a word since we lost you." Rick new how you and Daryl felt about each other. You thanked him and ran to the house Rick told you Daryl would be at.

And there he was. Sitting on the porch fence, his back facing away from you, wearing that vest you would always trace your finger on. "Daryl!"  He jumped and turned around. He hopped off the fence and ran to embrace you. "(Y/N) I love you. And I'm telling you because anything can happen, and this past month, being away from you, has proven that. I never want to leave your side, I love you."

"Daryl, I love you too." You sob into his chest.