55//Grimes (C)

Carl
Requested by itsjustme165

You were on a run with your boyfriend Carl. The group trusted both of you to go on a run together since you were both 19. And you were both certainly glad for the alone time.

"Carl did you hear that?" You heard moans, but there were no walkers in sight. Then all at once, dozens of them came out of nowhere.

You and Carl take off running. As you're literally running for your life, you come a cross a small cave and you both quickly go inside, panting. You pull up your knives ready for the walkers, but they just pass by.

You've never seen so many at once. It had to take over an hour for all of them to pass by. By that time it was almost dark out, so you decided to sleep in the cave for the night. The next day was the day you were suppose to be back at camp, but Carl and you soon realized you were lost.

You walked for days trying to find anything that looked familiar, but it was no use. You both were disappointed in your group, you thought they didn't even try to find you.

But they did. They tried for a week, and with heavy hearts, came to the assumption you both were dead.

After what you both think is two weeks, you finally saw something familiar and followed it back to camp, but the place you use to call home was deserted. There was no one, nothing.

3 YEARS LATER

"Welcome to Alexandria." You're greeted as the safe looking gate opens. All three of you are holding hands as you step inside what you hope to be your new home.

"Carl, do you really think we're safe here? All of us?" You ask, looking around the huge house.

"I sure hope, (Y/N)." He kisses you on the cheek.

The three of you decided to take a walk outside and see the neighborhood. People were sitting on their porches, waving to you as you passed.

"Holy sh*t." You mumble under your breath as your eyes lock with a familiar face. You elbow Carl without looking away from the face, thinking he'll disappear.

"D-dad?" Carl whispers, then shouts so Rick could here him.

Rick sprints toward both of you and embraces both of you in a huge hug. Then he looks at the little girl who's in your arms.

"Wh-who's this?" Rick asks, tears in his eyes.

"Rick, this is (Y/D/N), our daughter." You smile, tears in your eyes. By this time, the whole group was on the porch staring in disbelief.

Rick asked to hold his granddaughter, and in that moment, with your whole family there, you could see everything being alright.