Mondstadt [9]

We decided to confront the dragon, confront Dvalin and slay him. It is our only choice...

Venti took us to a place called Stormterror's lair but unfortunately, there is a barrier to keep us apart but Venti could handle it while we fought the monsters from the abyss that were protecting the barrier.

He played the lyre, a beautiful melody could be heard, and without a second the barrier disappeared. We entered the ruins, fighting off some abyss monster on the way with Paimon talking the whole time.

We finally arrived at the highest level of the ruins, "Well then are you all ready?" Venti asked, clearly excited. "I am completely ready!" Jean replied like a humble knight which she is. Diluc and we nodded as well.

"Well then, let me channel anemo energy for you." Suddenly I felt light to find myself being carried by the wind, "It was you who saved us last time!" I pointed at him, completely surprised. He smiled and nodded.

"You see those blood clots, Aim for them " a small instruction which was pretty easy to understand.

While fighting Dvalin, we mindlessly followed him. Trying to purify those blood clots. After a while of fighting with the dragon, it falls as the winds danced dangerously, threatening to hurt us. The floor vibrated, showing signs of falling apart. "Quick hurry!" I shouted to the others but the floor collapsed, we fall at a dangerous speed.

Darkness surrounded me as I fall, but it was not hard to understand that it was likely death or I passed out.

I woke up in Aether's arm, him cradling me with full care, I leaned into his gentleness with a careless smile, "I thought I died." I mumbled, staring at my surrounding, I am in jean's office.

"Don't worry, I won't let that happen." he whispered back, "Wait, Y/n wake up!" Paimon shouted, most likely getting jean's attention.

Paimon jump in to hug me, "Paimon was getting worried." I smiled at her worry and responded, "Don't worry, I was just tired."

"Honorary knight, you are awake. Are you alright?" Jean stood over as I shook my head to ease her worry. "I am fine, I am craving something to eat, Aether let's go and get something to eat." Paimon giggled cutely and added, "Oh, Paimon is hungry as well!"

We decided to get something to eat but I suddenly remembered something, "Aether, the lyre! We forget to give it back." His eyes widened, and his gaze went back up to its last image.

Suddenly I spotted Venti near the alchemy table, "Venti!" I shouted, he turned around with a dashing smile. "I assume that you are okay now?" I nodded and said, "Let's go give back the holy lyre." He stopped in his track with an awkward smile. "Ahh...Traveler..  Can't you be the one to do it?"

I frowned and dragged him to the cathedral with us, inside the cathedral was a teenage girl who was humming quietly.

"Excuse me.. We would like to return something.." Venti muttered, his gaze roaming everywhere except the girl. "Oh my, Are you the travelers who saved mondstadt? Behalf of the Mond, I would like to sincerely thank you."

"Now I must ask you to return the lyre, we can't possibly let you protect the lyre for long." she said with a innocent smile, with trembling hands I pulled out the lyre.

"LORD BARBATOS?!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, her eyes widened with fear or shock. Suddenly she started to self loath herself, Venti sighed as he took the lyre and used his magic to repair the lyre. "IT is repaired?!" She snatches Venti's Lyre from Venti while begging for forgiveness to Venti.

Ahh...what a weird world..

"Anyways, let's leave, the magic.... won't last for long y'know." He smirked as he grabbed my wrist and we sprinted out of the cathedral with a joyous expressions on our faces.

Suddenly someone tackled us, making me fall to the ground and two men submerged from the land and hold me with their arms, tf?

And the temperature suddenly lows down, freezing my body to the ground. "At last, Mondstadt free resident rodent ruler in flesh." A beautiful voice called out and there comes a hot woman, dressed in white and red. Her half-face is covered with a stylish mask.

"Begging for food, Looking for money. Mondstadt calls this a god?" She said with complete disgust, her hands pinching his face. "Mondstadt rodent beats invasive vermi-" She slaps him, "don't you dare speak back to me, insolent bard." Her face grimace, with that she stole a chess piece from him a and left?

Our vision goes out, leaving us laying in front of the cathedral for hours.

When we woke up, we decided to looks for venti, who was chilling near that big tree. He tells us what that does piece was and yada yada.

"Then we will leave tomorrow to start the next arc!"