The Fight [2]

It has been hours, Aether and Paimon have calmed down. And Focalor is nowhere to be seen.

Aether sighed and replied back, "[Name]...the thing is that, we encountered an accident while we were wandering in the sky which caused you to lose your vision. That's why you can't meet Lumine, she...is getting patched up as we speak."

You didn't know how to react,  how are you going to live without your vision? How are you going to see Lumine? How are you going to help them without your vision? Why is your body hurting so badly?

"[Na-] [Name]! Calm down, everything is going to be okay, you see, we are here, Your brother and sister are here. You can depend on us! Please don't panic, everything will be fine." Just as Aether noticed that erratic trembling of yours, he said.

He leaned into a hug and gently caressed your head, "My dear, everything will be okay. You know as I always say, nothing comes before family. You will forever be safe with us." Those comforting words that he spoke made you chill.

Suddenly he stopped speaking, and Paimon let out a quiet squeaky scream. "Wh-What happened?" You asked, afraid that you won't be able to protect Aether or even yourself.

"Ahhaa Nothing, absolutely nothing, but you know, I think you should go to sleep. You see, as a new start!" Paimon anxiously said as Aether picked up you, he put you in bed and put the blanket on you.

"You sure? I don't want to..." Aether quickly caressed your hair and whispered, "You should sleep, you have been through so much."

You were confused but obliged anyway, you heard the door closing loudly as there were little to no noises.

Finally, you were left with your thoughts.

Aether on the other hand was well...shocked to see the female standing at the door.

Aether closed the door behind him as Paimon followed, hiding behind Aether she asked, "Why is she here?" Wrath was filled with those words that even scared the creature beside Lumine.

"Do not! Talk to Your Highness like that!" Enjou pointed his finger at Paimon with a pout, "I can! And I will! Because of h-h-her! [Name] is hurt!" Paimon almost screamed, it was obvious that Paimon cared a shit ton for [Name].

Paimon wiped her tears, "I hate you!" She shouted before hurrying off somewhere, even though she had no clue but she was blind with rage.

Aether couldn't shout for Paimon, asking her to not wander off but he was already busy staring down at the female in front of him.

"Why are you even here?" He broke the silence. A betrayal expression filled his face as it shot an arrow filled with poison to Lumine's heart.

Enjou almost shouted as he saw the princess falling on her knees, "Please forgive me, Brother. I couldn't protect [Name] better." Enjou wanted to hide away, he didn't want to be in family drama!

"Leave." Bitterness filled Aether's heart, he didn't know whether to comfort his sister or blame her. While everything was going on, Enjou quietly trailed off of the scene, sighing as he was out of their personal matters.

"I won't." She was determined, she was confident and that burned Aether's heart, he knew that Lumine knew that he would forgive her.

"I said, Leave! For [Name]'s sake, Just leave!" Lumine stayed on her knees, silently begging for forgiveness. "It is my fault that this happened, brother. Let me take the responsibility." Her dull eyes turned to the door, behind that room her beloved is sitting.

"You want the responsibility? Right? Then stand up!" She did as she was ordered but instead of a slap to the face or a duel, she was met with a choice.

"I want you to choose, Us or that dead nation!" Aether will forgive her, but only if she chooses the right answer. "Brother, you can't-" She was met with a slap to the face.

"I refuse to listen to any of those fake words, you have one day, choose it's either us or that godless nation!" Aether slammed open the door and entered, he stopped for a second and turned around.

"I hate you for your choices, Lumine but I do not hate you. You will forever have my shoulder to cry on but it's for you to choose, those monsters or your family." He slammed the door shut in his face, leaving her stunned but a part of her knew that this was going to happen.

Aether shore up against the door, trying his best to not make any noises as tears fell on the floor.

Lumine stood up, she pressed her head on the door, she wanted to see [Name], she wanted to beg for forgiveness from them.

[Name] lay on the bed, snoring in their sleep.

In the back of the mind of the triplets, all of them think that it was their fault.

"Brother, I will annihilate Focalor." Suddenly Lumine mumbled, causing Aether to jerk up in surprise. He wondered how he learned that Focalor was behind it all, because even he, himself was told that by the Dottore not long ago.

But all of that didn't matter, Aether didn't care if Lumine slaughtered Focalor, didn't care if she burned her nation, he truly don't care.

As all of this was going on, Paimon was flying erratically. But unfortunately, she collided with someone, or something. Paimon fell to the ground as she quickly wiped her tears.

"Are you fine?" A familiar voice asked, Paimon shouted at the top of her throat, "AYUMI?!"