Liyue [8]

After cooking the Almond Tofu, we went back to the highest floor to meet the grumpy Yaksha. Surprisingly he was standing at the edge of the railing.

He turned around, expecting to face us. "You again." He spoke with an annoyed expression. "Wait wait, don't go disappearing again!" Paimon hovered over me as she tried to stop him from leaving again.

"Look, your favorite!" I showed him the Almond Tofu and handed it to me, He narrowed his eye at the feel and slowly started feasting on it. "Tell him, Aether!" I said to Aether, he slowly starts explaining everything as Xiao eats.

The story ended just as Xiao finishes eating. I smiled at Aether with delight, happy that he was able to tell him everything without Xiao disappearing.

"How could it be..? Rex lapis....he ruled for such a long time, just what role did qixing played in this?" The short male muttered to himself, Shocked at the information that he just got.

"I will seek Moon carver and Cloud retainer, it is time they make their decisions." He spoke, finally out of his thoughts. "I will be going then." without waiting for our response, he left.

We made our way back to Childe, finding him in front of the bank, I smiled and waved my hand to catch his attention.

He finally notices us and asks, "Finally back, huh? How was your journey?" He asked with a bright smile. Just like before Aether explained everything to him as well. "I see..."

"The situation is complicated but as a gift, I was also able to find some info, Liyue Qixing announced that until the killer is found no one can pay respect to exuvia." He told us the information, drowning our heads in curiosity.

"They are trying to keep the info in, How suspicious. With us not being able to meet him, it would put a stop to our journey to meet the seven" I frowned, reminiscing of our memories with Lumine.

"Oh you are trying to find the Seven, might I ask why?" it rose up quite an interest in him, Why would a few strangers want to meet the archons?

"That doesn't have anything to do with you." Instead of me, Aether spoke. His gaze narrowed at the sight of the Fatui. "Nice save, Surely a knight like yourself wouldn't be duped by the fatui. But you see I can help you with that too y'know." He smiled, A dark aura could be seen but there was no need to take a look into it.

"Really?" Paimon excitedly said, "Give me some time...time to find someone. Someone who can help you break through this statement." He spoke, trying to awaken the memories of certain someone in his mind.

"Then, I will see you later." He waved his hand, receiving a nod or a wave back from us.

It was already night, and our bodies were exhausted. We took shelter in the nearest inn, one of us had to be awake so those millileths won't come barging in.

Aether slept for a few then it was my turn. We both felt pretty well-rested after this, well most likely because we have experienced far worse before.

The next day came, At noon a few Fatui agents showed up and informed us of our meeting with Childe today. It seems like he found someone...

We three got ready and met up with him at the location, "Aha! You made it!" Childe smiled as he patted the back of Aether's back. "As I promised, I found a man who would help you, someone who can solve the mystery of the liyue Qixing. Come let's meet him." He took us to Liyue pavillian.

He stood in front of the gate, turned around, and spoke, "There is a chance that someone important might join us, she will tell you everything but there is a chance that she might not show up." He reminded us as he opened the door,

A man dressed in brown was found, sitting on a chair and tons of food sitting on the table with many Liyue pictures on the walls.

He took notice of us and gestured for us to take a seat. The lady that Childe was talking about was nowhere to be seen.

"Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Zhongli. Consultant of Wangsheng also a trusted associate of Fatui." Childe introduced the man dressed in brown to us.

"It is an honor to meet you two. I have heard your tales from Mondstadt." The man politely puts the tea down as he makes eye contact with Aether.

"Anyways you sai-" The door was opened, and a few footsteps were heard. The sound of someone breathing could be heard.

"Is she joining us?" Childe muttered turning his head to look at the silhouette, a smile adorning his face with an excited expression.

"Who is she..?" Zhongli asked but his words were answered without an explanation.

It was a friend, a coworker, and a crush of somebody.

All of them rise from their seats, A cold expression was met with theirs. "A long time has passed, Traveller and Mr. Zhongli. It is a pleasure to meet you." She spoke, her eyes slowly creeping up to Childe's.

"You remembered me!" you spoke with a bright smile, It was such a pleasant surprise to meet the beauty again. You went through your pocket and pulled out the glaze lily that she gave to you.

"My... You kept it, I didn't expect you to be so....sweet?" Her sound was unsure yet it still was enough for my heart to beat at the speed of light.

Childe gazed at the scene with confusion, he didn't knew that his superior would be joining him and even care enough to know Zhongli and the traveler.

Aether remembered the girl in front of him, His sibling who was stupid enough to follow this stranger at the night. He despised this girl from the bottom of his heart, because of her, Y/n got hurt.

Zhongli was surprised to say the least, to meet a friend like that, a friend who was wronged by himself. He has a lot to tell but not yet.