Chapter 4 - 『Wei Ying Receives His Courtesy Name (And His Gege Back)』

"When the winds of change blow, some people build walls..."

"...And others build windmills. May I ask what are you doing here, Sect Leader Jiang?"

The redhead closed the book he's reading with a thud, his reddish-brown eyes looking straight to Jiang Fengmian's own.

"Is It wrong to visit the little genius who dared to make a bet with a Sect Leader?" The older asks, feigning an innocent smile on his face.

"The usefulness of a cup..."

"...Is in its emptiness. Wei Ying should receive his courtesy name soon. Would you like to be the one to give it to him...oh little genius of Yunmeng?"

Cale scowls, annoyed at the little nickname he earned just because he appeared wise and answered all the proverbs Sect Leader Jiang threw at him.

"Why should I? I'm just a nobody when it comes to you, who is his uncle whom is best friends with his parents."

Jiang Fengmian shook his head softly, eyes scanning the scattered books around the redhead's table.

"Teachers open the door..."

"...But you must walk through it yourself. So, do you have any ideas for his courtesy name?"

Cale felt like he was playing a word chess with the Sect Leader as the man himself just chuckled.

"I'm thinking of Wuxian. Wei Wuxian."

The redhead nodded before opening a scroll, written with history of cultivation ages ago.

"To have no envy. It does have a nice ring to it."

Jiang Fengmian smiles similarly to his daughter(Cale notes), "Doesn't it? What about you? Do you want one too?"

Cale frowns, "What nonsense are you spouting now, Sect Leader Jiang? I don't have a golden core, what use do I have of a courtesy name?"

The Sect Leader chuckles, "You'll need one after you enter Yunmeng Sect."

"...Huh?"

"Huh." Jiang Fengmian answers teasingly.

After collecting his thoughts, Cale asked, "Are you serioㅡ"

"With one condition. People are all borne with a golden core, Wei Xun. It just depends on how we cultivate it, that's why there are Sects situated in many places, big or small and have their own rules."

Cale scrunched his face in disgust, shivering at the foreboding sensation he's feeling.

"...And you want me to cultivate or something?"

Jiang Fengmian just smiled that seemed very onimous to Cale.

"A jade that is never carved will never be of use."

The Sect Leader is practically saying that Cale will be useless with his wits alone in a battlefield, which is a huge insult to him who was once a Commander of a kingdom.

Though, a part of him agrees with Sect Leader Jiang.

Cale looks outside the window of the deserted library they're in, a melancholic feeling washing over him as he sighed.

"Alright fine. I'll try but I'll make no promises."

'It's fine since I don't belong to this world.'

Cale was very sure that he wouldn't get to do anything too troublesome such as cultivation. He have enough problem as it is.

"Wonderful. Come along, we're leaving now."

The redhead hesitates to stand up for a while, rethinking his decisions if it is all the right thing to do for his plans in the future.