Chapter 61 - 『No Need For Apologies』

Lan Xichen sighs for the nth time of the day, fidgeting his hands as he was slowly becoming overwhelmed by his own thoughts.

It's already been three long days.

'He's fine, he's alright. This already happened back in Gusu...'

Yet the more he tries to comfort himself, the more sullen he becomes.

Fainting seems to be a frequent occurrence for the redhead.

Lan Xichen simply holds the black strands on the latter's head, biting his lower lip.

The older sighs once again, bring the strands of black hair close to his lips before leaving a chaste kiss on it.

"Please wake up already...baobei..."

As if saying so will really wake the redhead up.

Before Lan Xichen could continue to talk to himself, the door slides open to reveal Jiang Cheng who is now used to Zewu-jun's presence for the past few days.

"Zewu-jun, you're here again."

Lan Xichen simply nods in greeting, Jiang Cheng walking closer before he stands beside the older and looked down at his gege.

"Any news about your brother?" Lan Xichen asks in attempt to ease the tense atmosphere around them.

"Whoㅡ" Jiang Cheng's voice was risen at some point before clearing his throat, trying to calm himself.

"He already contacted me, saying he's in Yiling for the mean time."

Lan Xichen hums, still looking at Wei Xun's serene face.

"What about the funeral? Did it go without a hitch?"

A funeral for Jin Zixun and Xue Yang.

Talking about the funeral looks like Jiang Cheng wants to scream to an abandoned forest to let out his pent up stress.

"It went smoothly, for Jin Zixun atleast."

He whispers then belatedly, "Which he doesn't deserve any of it. Hope the ghost king would chop his limbs off and feed it to the other ghouls."

Lan Xichen would rather not comment at that. He'd rather change the subject of their topic.

"For Jin Zixun, how about for Xue Yang?"

The look on Jiang Cheng's face was sour, as if he was avoiding Xue Yang being talked about.

"It's just...err...you should promise something first, Zewu-jun."

The younger's tone seemed reluctant, scratching his head at first before Lan Xichen answered him.

"You can tell me, Jiang-gongzi. I won't tell anyone."

It was Jiang Cheng's turn to sigh, "Of course. If it's you, then it should be alright."

Lan Xichen broke his clan's rules when it came to Wei Xun, one of the example will be him lying for the sake of the redhead's situation when they met past curfew.

"The thing is, Xue Yang doesn't want to rest in peace."

Does not want to rest in peace, does he plan to be resentful ghost then?

"And Wei Wuxian is planning to bring his soul back to his already dead body, making him one of his fierce corpse."

Lan Xichen's fingers jolted in surprise, looking at Jiang Cheng with an agaped mouth.

"See?! Even you made that reaction. What will happen if the whole world knew that Wei Wuxian can bring back the dead?! They'll follow his steps, it'll be much more worse if someone wants to kill him for being a demonic cultivator!"