Chapter 44 - 『Cale Henituse』

"Gege."

Cale looks at his younger brother in confusion before looking at Lan Wangji who was beside him.

The redhead then raises an eyebrow.

"What? Are you asking for my blessings? You already have them a long time ago. Better ask the Jiangs though."

Lan Wangji's ears visibly became red, and so is Wei Ying's face.

"I'm not talking about that! I meant this!"

As Wei Ying shows his palm, Cale could feel himself freeze.

"...Where did you get this?"

As Cale touched the piece of Yin Iron, he could instantly feel a strong amount of resentful energy stored inside.

"It was hidden in Gusu. Lan Zhan and I found it when we were bathing one time."

Cale raised his eyebrow once again, looking suspiciously at Lan Wangji and Wei Ying.

The redhead grins, flicking the Yin Iron like a coin before throwing three silencing barrier around the room.

"Don't lie, Wei Wuxian."

The earlier childish look from Wei Ying became cold, before it changed into a tired one.

"How sharp, Cale."

Cale's eyes squinted, a headache forming as he sighs.

"Since when did you know?"

Wei Ying hums playfully, "Since I realized that you weren't supposed to exist in this world. How about you? Since when did you realized that I was a regressor?"

Cale simply scoffs, "What a funny punk. I knew about it before Wen Chao burned the Lotus Pier."

Lan Wangji then spoke one word, "How?"

No matter what Wei Ying and Lan Wangji could think, there should be no reason for Cale to know.

Cale shrugs, "His time is warped."

He have Jour Thame's ancient power, the Annual Rings of Life.

Cale brings out a book, opening it as he stares at the rings of Wei Ying.

"Reggression, Transmigration, and Reincarnation. As long as your ring is warped, it only falls on those three categories." Cale explains, gauging their reactions.

"In your case, you are a regressor. In mine, I am both a transmigrator and a reincarnator."

Cale could see the serious look that Wei Ying and Lan Wangji shared between them, trying his best to hide the fear that was gnawing in his chest.

Now that Wei Ying knows, will he push him away back to his previous world now?

He already saw Alver, what more if they learn his past with him?

"If that is the case, can I still be your younger brother?"

Cale's breath hitched in his throat, his fingers flinching every now and then as he looks at Wei Ying with shaky eyes.

"What?"

Wei Ying let out a bubbly laugh, finding his gege's face amusing enough before he held the redhead's pale and bony hands.

"Did you really think that I will push you away, gege? No, I'm afraid not. The moment you helped me when I was a child back in Yiling was enough for me to stick close to your side for the rest of my life. So I ask you this gege, you'll have to bear my existence until we grow old."