Chapter 7 - 『A Small Promise To Little Wei』

"Shijie! He's awake!"

Wei Ying blearily opens his heavy eyes, the smell of herbs wafting through his nose as he sees a blurry figure of Jiang Cheng.

"A-Xian, can you hear me?"

He grunts, his throat aching from being parched.

"Wa...ter..."

"Here, drink it slowly."

Jiang Cheng guides Wei Ying as he inched the cup closer to his mouth, some trickled down his chin and choked.

"I said slowly you idiot."

Wei Ying just laughs hoarsely.

Jiang Yanli stands up as she went to the doorway, "I'll reheat some soup."

"What happened?" Wei Ying asks when Yanli left.

"You almost died because of your hero complex. As simple as that." Jiang Cheng says emotionlessly before sighing in exasperation.

"Aiya. It's my job as your shixiong to take the blame. Besides, I've always wanted to do it if I really have a younger brother."

"Your job...Xie Lian please forgive me for what I'll do but he deserves it."

"Huhㅡwait! Ow A-Cheng! I'm an injured patientㅡow ow ow!"

"Your job? Who the hell employed you to be my shixiong anyways?! Who the hell asked you to take the blame?! I was the one at fault, Wei Wuxian! So stop your hero complex before I kill you myself!"

"Alright! Just...stop twisting my ear!"

Thankfully, Jiang Cheng did stop as he plopped down to a nearby chair.

Wei Ying tries to soothe his red ear, "Where is Xun-ge anyways?"

Jiang Cheng looks at him before shaking his head, "You should sleep again."

"What do you mean? I just woke up?"

"Clearly you are still half-awake from the question you're asking. Who the hell is Xun-ge?"

Wei Ying felt like he was thrown into the coldest river in Yunmeng.

"Hey...stop joking. Where is Xun-ge?"

"And I'm telling you, I don't know who and where this Xun-ge is."

The once friendly aura Wei Ying was emanating became onimous in a matter of seconds. Standing up, he didn't mind how his knees weakly trembled as he backed away from the child whom he should know as Jiang Cheng.

"Who are you?"

Wei Ying is a smart child for an age of eight.

"What nonsenseㅡ"

"A-Cheng? A-Xian? What's going onㅡ"

"Stay away! Who are you people?!"

"Wei Wuxian!"

"Where is Xun-ge?! Please stop joking!"

A clarity bell then resounded and at the same time, his surroundings became dark.

"You're an interesting little human. No wonder he treats you as one of his."

Wei Ying could see a man in front of him wearing such atypical clothes, his hair white like an old man's but he has a youthful face.

"Who are you?"

The man then smiled as if teasing, "Your gege's guardian angel."

Wei Ying perked, "Do you know where gege is?"