Chapter 46 - 『We Were Running In The Dark, We Were Following Our Hearts』

Cale found it hard to breathe.

Dongsaeng.

The blonde had called him dongsaeng.

Not Wei Xun. Not Wei Xianghuan...but dongsaeng.

Cale's stomach churned, his eyes continued to shake as Lan Xichen cradled his head, covering his ears as if it was an attempt to hide him from all of what's happening.

"A-Huan."

Hands guided his neck to turn slowly, soft eyes stared against his reddish-brown eyes.

"A-Huan." Lan Xichen says more loudly, finally earning the redhead's full attention.

"You're finally looking at me." The older says with a small smile, massaging the redhead's eyebrows to stop him from furrowing it.

"A-Xun."

"Xun-ge."

"Gege."

Soon enough, his people surrounded him, as if showing that they are always with him.

That is true.

That is why Alver was smiling in melancholy at the sight.

Because Cale was finally surrounded by the people he loves and loved him more in return.

Even if it hurts, Alver is still relieved.

Alver will do everything, so that the history won't repeat itself.

"Your Majesty, I challenge you to a duel before Jiangshuai-zun." Wen Ruohan says shamelessly.

Cale as a God doesn't have any official title, but it was obvious what would it be.

The God of Abidance.

A God who would do anything to make his people have a long happiness and peace. A God who would do anything to make the people under him have their wishes come true as long as he can.

A God who can even create a world where he doesn't exist and have his people live without them being affected by his curse.

There was someone who said that to Cale, a long time ago.

"You always save everyone, but who saves you?"

Though he doesn't remember who was the one who said that.

Alver then spoke, "In two conditions."

It's better this way, to kill the old man so that nothing would threaten his dongsaeng's peaceful third life.

"Hyung-nim." Cale tries to stop him, but the blonde only sent him a comforting smile.

"Let's bet our lives and only use swords."

Cale's breath hitched, his eyebrows slanting, "Hyung-nim!"

'Since when did this punk became self-sacrificial?'

"Your Highness Alver, aren't you acting a bit rash?"

If it was Cale who said that, Alver wouldn't be as surprised as he currently is.

Wei Ying looks around, "What? Did I say something wrong?"

It took Cale and Alver by surprise to hear the younger say a word that only belong to the other world.

"Something wrong? How did you even know how to pronounce that name?" Jiang Cheng asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I heard it?" Wei Ying says, before remembering that he was the only one who dreamed of his gege's life and his people from his previous life.