Chapter 67 - 『Those Pretty Eyes Could Never Lie』

As Cale looks at the Elder with amusement, Lan Qiren simply ignored him.

"Who is the first Sect Leader of Gusu Lan?" The old man asks, caressing his goatee as he willed himself to ignore Cale.

The Lan disciples averaging five to ten years old raised their hands in a proper manner, truly befitting to be called a disciple of the proud Sect.

Well, except for a certain troublemaker that is. Both Cale and Lan Qiren thought that the child is Wei Wuxian incarnate himself when the man is still clearly alive.

"Lan Jingyi, answer."

The said child flinched at first before standing up abruptly, slightly trembling at his name suddenly being called.

"Uhmmm...Qingheng-jun?"

The look on the old man's face is enough for Cale to cackle as softly as he could.

"Remain standing. Any answer?"

Another Lan disciple raised his hand and the Elder chose him.

"Lan Zhe."

"It was Lan An, Elder Qiren."

The old man nodded his head in approval, "Correct. Lan Jingyi."

"Y-yes!"

Cale simply shook his head, pitying the child.

"Don't shout. Answer my question or you'll do a handstand while citing the three thousand rules. Who is the famed genius of Yunmeng Jiang?"

Cale let out a small gasp, as if he couldn't believe the pettiness of the Elder.

This time, Lan Jingyi answered jovially.

"Wei Xianghuan, Elder Qiren!"

Cale simply huffs, not like he could do anything about that annoying title Sect Leader Jiang had made after so many years.

Lan Qiren continued to teach the children about the history of cultivation world, and Cale had heard his name being answered for a total of three times.

Who is the commander that led the Sunshot Campaign to a victory?

Who is the current aide of Yunmeng Jiang?

Even a surreal question was asked, who is the first person to tame the black tortoise of slaughter?

As the time for the class to come to an end, Lan Qiren had dismissed the children minutes earlier.

And Cale also went close to the Elder as he jokingly frowned at the old man.

"I didn't know you could be so petty like that, Grandmaster Lan."

The old man just averted his eyes and said, "I do not know what you are talking about."

He said that while looking at Cale with a slight confusion in his face.

Cale just scoffs at the Elder in disbelief and amusement.

"More so, what is with your appearance? I did not quite recognized you until you looked at me like how your younger brother made a mess." Lan Qiren asks, fixing the scrolls in his hands as Cale grabbed some to help the old man.

He was wearing Gusu Lan's first rank disciple robes, completed with the accessory of the forehead ribbon.

Cale then answers while sneaking a glance at his black hair, thinking that the elder was pertaining to the current color, "Qing-jie had me try her new ointment that changes hair color. It'll be gone after I wash it off."

"I see..." Lan Qiren trails before looking at Cale.

"Xichen is in his room." Lan Qiren says before Cale could ask him.