Chapter 20 -『A Stray Cub』

Traveling to a foreign city is quite a drag for someone like Cale, considering he would rather stay holed in his room back in Yunmeng than to search for someone good enough to build all his ridiculous ideas.

"Excuse me, do you perhaps know the way to Yueyang Chang Clan?"

The redhead listened to the old man in giving him directions, thanking him after before walking away.

Going to the Yueyang Chang Clan is not a part of Cale's plan, but Jiang Fengmian had asked him to do him a favor and send some gifts for an acquaintance.

Standing in front of the entrance of Yueyang Chang Clan, Cale could only stare boringly as he knocked the wooden doors loudly.

Just then, a servant opened the door for him and inquired him the reason of his visit.

"I am a disciple from Yunmeng Jiang Sect. Sect Leader Jiang sent me to give Chang Ci'an some Lotus Flower Crisps."

The servant stares at him in awestruck before bowing and let him inside.

"I will call for Master Chang, feel free to look around for a while daozhang."

Cale just nods before looking around if there's any interesting inside the manor.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of having the renowned genius from Yunmeng visit me?"

As Cale whips his head to look at the source of the voice, he could hear several gasps coming from the servants and guards alike when they laid their eyes on the redhead.

"I came here in Sect Leader Jiang's stead to personally give the pastry since he is currently busy back in Yunmeng. I pray the Master Chang isn't offended by my presence."

Only a dumb fool would be offended by his presence.

"No worries, daozhang. Would you like a cup of tea before you depart? I'm sure it's a long journey here in Yueyang."

Indeed it was a long journey, since he can't just use a teleportation talisman when he doesnt even know the coordinates of Yueyang.

"Sure." Cale agrees, since he wasn't the one to reject free food.

As the redhead and Chang Ci'an sat in front of each other with snacks in between, Cale just relishes the moon cakes that was prepared to remove the bitter taste from the tea that he was served.

"I heard from Sect Leader Jiang that you import woods? Do you perhaps also import ropes?"

As Cale waits for the latter to answer him, he eyes all the types of woods that can be found inside the pagoda.

Maple wood, myrtle, sap wood, birch wood, and even a bamboo which is considered a type of grass.

"Yes, we do import them. Would you like to see them as a thanks for the pastries you brought."

Cale stops himself from grinning like a crazy bastard, so he just smiled softly instead.

"It is very much appreciated, Master Chang."

As Chang Ci'an guides him to their warehouse, he looks for a certain type of wood that can be used in creating a large weapon.

'Mahogany or Pintobortri would be a good one.'

Cale isn't that adept in identifying types of woods, but he have quite the experience in identifying the one he know back when he was Team Leader Kim Rok Soo.

"Please, help yourself daozhang."

As Cale bows to Chang Ci'an, he simply touched the sample of woods that were shown in front of him. He even tried to carry some to measure the weight of the woods.