Chapter 68 - 『With This Ichor, I Break』

"Why do I need to wear these clothes again?" The redhead tries to ask, his neck already stiff from the jewelry that were hung.

It's even a good thing that they spared Cale the heavy headpiece that they used back then at Qishan.

"Of course you need to be the most beautiful person in that banquet, gege!" Wei Ying says, making the Jiang siblings nod in agreement.

"A-Xian is right. Why are you asking something so obvious, A-Xun?" Jiang Yanli says, making Cale blink for a while like a fish caught in a net.

Why is she using his own words against him anyways? Isn't the pregnancy cravings and mood swings supposed to end when you reached the final month of gestation?

Cale just sighs defeatedly, shrugging it off since he's not the one who is carrying a child in his stomach.

"Since Sect Leader Jin had planned this banquet for months, then we need to doll you up and win this competition." Jiang Cheng suddenly says, spiraling the redhead into confusion.

"Competition? What competition?" The redhead asks, in which the younger simply shook his head.

"It's better off not knowing anything."

He says that but Cale already had a hunch on whatever Jiang Cheng is talking about.

"Shijie." The redhead calls, in which the girl hums.

"When is your due according to the physician?" Cale asks, fixing his earring to make it a bit more comfortable.

"This week, perhaps. So I can't go to the banquet with you." Cale nods in understanding before looking at Xue Yang who was simply watching them.

"Don't worry, gege. I'll be with her all the time." He says without much warmth, but his words are enough.

A part of Cale misses the bubbly and menace of the child, adding it to the pile of regrets that were buried on the redhead's chest.

Even if he wanted to comfort him by giving him is usual favorite candies, Cale knew it wouldn't change a thing.

Xue Yang wouldn't ever get to taste the sweet delicacies that he once loved.

"Gege, you're thinking useless things again." Xue Yang says the moment he sees the fleeting look that was etched in the redhead's face.

Cale just scoffed, but he didn't particularly disagreed at his statement.

"And we're done." Jiang Yanli says, giving her final touch in his eyelid.

"Aiya, there nothing that will beat gege's face." Wei Ying teasingly says, before wiping a fake tear as if he was watching his son finally mature.

"More handsome than your Hanguang-jun?" The redhead says, his lips curling up the moment he sees the switch in the younger's emotion.

"Lan Zhan is another case, gege."

The redhead huffs together with Jiang Cheng and Xue Yang, "Just confess already! I'm sick of seeing you two flirting and dancing around each other!"

Cale cackles, "What makes you think they wouldn't smooch each other's faces whenever they see fit?"

They all ignored the series of words that came out of Wei Ying's mouth, and they also would rather not acknowledge his babbles.

"Let's go." Jiang Cheng says, pulling his two brothers away as Jiang Yanli bid them goodbye.

The moment the girl is out of sight, Cale's two younger brothers turned a whole three sixty degrees in their expressions.

"Don't go anywhere without any of us by your side, gege." Jiang Cheng starts.